Has anybody won in 1.6.1

Very common. ( 20 chrs )

I won a block the day after I upgraded, also not in a pool…

1 Like

I actually haven’t made the move to 1.6.1 yet but I’m going to today. And as for winning lately, I’m on my worst luck streak of all time. Currently sitting at 434%. Glad I’m in a pool. Maybe the update to 1.6.1 will change my luck.

1 Like

naah i dont trust pools. well after that conversion we’ve had i rolled back to 1.5.1 and then few days later switched back again to 1.6.1. I always try new version and everybody should. you must know your software.

the last one works in a strangely manners. GUI freezes sometime for a MINUTE! and when it comes back to life it scrolls down “Last Attempted Proof” window like a crazy. I suspect at this moment the whole farming process could be off. 1.5.1 do not do such thing.

1 Like

The upgrade from 1.6.0 to 1.6.1 went smoothly on the full node and the 3 harvesters. Seems to be running smoothly.

1 Like

Thanks to folks like you to rule out bugs for me. I rather stay a major release or two behind :slight_smile:

Thats why you install the latest release on another machine and report back any issues, since they don’t really have a test group.

1 Like

oh don’t mention it :melting_face:

I has been keep wining block for Solo plot my plot qty is 7,000 plots. (estimate win is 7 days, but alway less than that)
Currently NFT plot have 29,000 plots but very low win rate 7-8 days winning a block 0.25

my biggest issue on maintain such big size was

1. Each PC need to be maintain low plots count. I having big issue when i got PC more than 10k plots … > 5 sec

After that, i split all the plots to around 2000 - 3000 plots … then will less than 5 sec.

i hope Chia dev can consider come out simple harvester mode rather install full client in harvester.

i use flexpool for nft plot now … performance was improve … coz each pc i running multi flex farmer …
i divided 10k plot by 5 flexfarmer count each flex farm running 2k plots …

1 Like

My main harvester (and also my plotter) has around 7,000 plots. Around 2800 internal (HBA) and the rest over 4 USB jbods. While plotting using 23 of the 24 threads my longest response time is 2.3 seconds with the average of 0.6 seconds on mostly 18TB disks. These are all NFT plots with the average time to win being more or less the expected 7 days.

I imagine that it is your harvester’s setup rather than the Chia software or plot count which is causing your problems. Do you have a lot of smaller disks all being queried over the USB bus?

The machine is running 1.6.1 and has won blocks to answer the title :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for response! Mine 1.6.1 instance found blocks 7 times withing 10 minutes, no actual coin dropped. You should check your harvester logs. Maybe you also missing coins.

i have won couple days ago, so it is working well but with a lot of warnings in the debug.log.

1 Like

I upgraded to 1.6.1 two days ago and got a win this morning. And that was after my longest dry spell I’ve ever had. Most of which was while I was on 1.6.0. I’m not saying the version had anything to do with it. It’s all just luck.

3 Likes

I had a block on 9 November, pretty sure I was on 1.6.1 then, and also one yesterday, which was definitely on 1.6.1.

I’m pooling, but got my 0.25 on both occasions.

PS it’s unheard of for me to get two wins close together, usually I’m around 200% or more effort.

1 Like

ok thank you for feedback. i’d prefer to stay with latest stable as well, just fucking mess. it’s time to pop new topic up “do you still win with 1.5.1” :laughing:

1 Like

also won this morning :slight_smile:

so I guess thats answered :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Still working

2 Likes

I have 1.6.1 installed and Five times (5) win in last 20 days after 2 months of no win. My etw is 17 days. Interesting for me. During two months of no win, I also suspected 1.6.1 but now its OK

1 Like

twice , thats it Charlie…

1 Like

1.6.1 And one block was hit on my raspberry farmer last 12/31 :smiley:

1 Like