Have you ever thought

Hallo mein leiber farmers :goat:

What if … nah nah nah … common … give it a try … really … what if whales like WD, Seagate,Toshiba and so on before they release new level technology, i don’t know some cubical crystal size of square inch which has 100tb+ capacity and cost $200, decided to have the whole world just selling out obsolete HDD park with that Chia insane?

:parrot: :frog: :crocodile: :turtle: :snake:

Huh? ( I don’t understand what that ramble meant)

Xlation > What if all drive makers are selling out (at premium prices) current drive stock, BEFORE releasing much higher capacity drives.

I’d say that’s a given, personally, as I have read interviews saying that they have the technology, just never though it would be needed ASAP, for example, for chia.

You see, it’s NOT that rambling for others :upside_down_face: Maybe you work for WD? :woman_farmer:

1 Like

Yes I had that exact thought going through my head some time ago :sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

Bram in conspiracy with major HDD manufacturers at just the right time is just too convoluted.

A good conspiracy must have threads that mesh together.

If that was the case then be happy that they failed miserably : Chia network size is 35Eb and sales per year is ~1Zb. Assuming all the Chia space is new drives (which is very far from the truth, looking at people’s rigs) then that’s just 2-3% more volume sold.

1 Like

You have point. You have a point! And still paranoia isn’t that easy stuff to deal with :grimacing:

Sometimes, the best way to deal with paranoïa is to get therapy :grin: :wink:

Where do you think i’m hoping to get money for therapy? :face_with_monocle:

Obviously from your stocks in Western Digital :thinking:

You mixed me up with someone else :cowboy_hat_face: “I’m just a regular everyday normal mother f.cker” (c)

1 Like

The above is write only with a laughable speed of 230kb/s. Might be useful for archiving years after years of development. Will probably never see introduction as you would have to create and sell an entire new hardware platform as well.

If you plot on a Pi, the processor might still be the bottleneck ! :thinking:

1 Like

Laughable!? :rofl: I’ve already done more than half that capacity at lesser speeds (USB 3.0 or 5400rpm HDs). I’d do away with a shelf’s worth of drives, plus internals in a heartbeat for a single CD sized replacement!

1 Like

:man_farmer: :four_leaf_clover: :woman_farmer: :woman_farmer: :four_leaf_clover: :man_farmer: :man_farmer: :four_leaf_clover: :four_leaf_clover: :four_leaf_clover: :four_leaf_clover: :woman_farmer: :man_farmer: :four_leaf_clover: :four_leaf_clover:

if someone couldn’t see my point, the thing is there is always THE new tehnology behind the scene every time they throw you a bone :dog2:

1 Like

Did you know that they actually spy on you through your keyboard??

They too? :sunglasses: What a wrold we’re live in.

What a wrold indeed :yum: