NVME-to-PCIE: ASUS Hyper M.2 X16 PCIe 4.0 X4 Expansion Card
Cooler: NZXT Kraken X53 73.11 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler
MOBO: ASRock X570 Taichi ATX AM4 Motherboard
Boot Drive: Kingston A400 120 GB 2.5" SSD
HBA: Broadcom L​SI 9305-24​i 24-port ​PCI-E 3.0 ​12Gb Contr​oller
Case: Fractal Design Define 7 XL ATX
PSU: EVGA P2 850 W 80+ Platinum
Plot Stoage: 16 x 10TB WD Drives w/ 4 extra on hand

I am still waiting fort the Hyper V card, so currently running 3x NVME in raid directly on motherboard.

According to this popular list https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14Iw5drdvNJuKTSh6CQpTwnMM5855MQ46/ someone with a nearly identical build, but 5900x is doing 18 plots in parallel at 90 minute interval and getting 8.65TiB/day in plots… Math doesn’t check out, you can’t even start 18 plots in a single day with 90 minute intervals.

I am wondering if I might be missing something. Any thoughts?

Any suggested plotting settings for the above rig to maximize TiB/day?

Welcome to the forums.

Please see this Pinned post: About the Chia Plotting category

1 Like

Great post! Thank you!

Looks like 24 for my setup. My only question left is the stagger. I have 16 HDD currently installed so hard drive transfer won’t be the limit.

Phase 1 might be the limit since it’s multithreaded. I’ll do some testing, but right now my best guess is to set the stagger for the average time Phase 1 takes on 4 threads.

Great setup. Did you install 16 drives in that case? Could you post some pictures please.

Fractal Design Define 7 XL / Meshify 2 XL was sold one at chia peak for a reason. I still have HDD trays in stock, just in case. ;D

Always surprised some people still did not heard of google and youtube. LOL.

Man, I do appologize if I taken your precious time of other more importnat things (maybe saving a planet :). i do appreciate though your efforts to reply me. I actually wanted to have a conversation going :slight_smile: I can and I do use google for searching. And I did. Specs for your case were not cleare to me: “3.5”/2.5" Universal drive brackets:6 + 2 included, 18 positions total". 18 positions of what size? And for those “not included” do you need to buy brackets separately? Are those brackets unique or standard? Can you use brackets from other cases? How do you connect SATA drives to that controller? It looks like it has a different connector (SAS). What is the power consumption at max load? Those NVMe in RAID 0 or 1? I do appreciate your answers for sure. Is there any reason why you are not plotting with two temp storages in parralel?

In case of Chia there are 2 completely different processes - plotting and harvesting. If one wants to invest it is betetr to build 2 different boxes one for fast PC with no need for massive HDD storage, and second - dedicated fast storage.

We all have heard about Google and YouTube, I want you to provide me with a link so I don’t have to wear out my keyboard… :rofl: :joy: