How do I check to see if I am farming correctly?

Hello everybody!

I’m now set up with some hdds and ssd making plots and farming, and im just trying to learn as much as possible meanwhile and guessing if im doing everything right

For now, i only have 6 plots and i’m checking info logs and this is what i’ve seen so far

0 plots were eligible for farming 6b****** ... Found 0 proofs. Time: 0.00100 s. Total 6 plots
1 plots were eligible for farming 77****** ... Found 0 proofs. Time: 0.01396 s. Total 6 plots

I’ve also run this commands and it shows to be fine, plots are over 0.8

C:\users\x.\AppData\Local\chia-blockchain\app-1.1.2\resources\app.asar.unpacked\daemon\chia.exe plots check
C:\users\x.\AppData\Local\chia-blockchain\app-1.1.2\resources\app.asar.unpacked\daemon\chia.exe plots check - l

I’m synced, connected, and show farming, but if there’s more important things to check in the logs or GUI i’d like to find out!

I’ve seen a post talking about “shares” and a //machine-name thing instead of the local ip, but i cant figure out where that is and how to check if im running my local ip or the machine-name

Thanks in advance!

I’m sorry, but what is your question/problem exactly?

Just wanna know if there’s more things i can check to make sure everything is going right appart from:

-Sync and farming status in the GUI
-Plot status with the plots check command
-Seeing elegible plots in the log info and proper response time

1 Like

That list looks good :+1:

Can’t think of anything else to check for.

1 Like

Which log are you using to check eligible plots? (or is there a CL cmd?)

I changed the level from WARNING to INFO and im checking the debug.txt file

Go to C:\users\"YourUser"\ .chia\mainnet\config\config.yaml and open the file with notepad

change log_level: WARNING to log_level: INFO and save

when you restart chia changes will be applied

Then you go to the same route but \mainnet\log and open debug.txt

There you will see all the operations

2 Likes