How do I make sure my CLI plots are linked to my key / farm?

Hello !

I started plotting with CLI instead of the GUI because I had 5 plotting computers running on GUI (so with full node etc, not the best…)

I have one question : how can I be sure the plotting I started is correctly linked to my actual key / farm ?

Here’s the script I’m using :

cd "C:\Users\xxxxx\AppData\Local\chia-blockchain\app-1.1.5\resources\app.asar.unpacked\daemon"
.\chia init
.\chia plots create -k 32 -b 4000 -t "D:\temp" -d "\\xxxx\transfert2" -n 5

Thanks in advance !

First, u obviously should import ur mnemonic and ca-folder.

Then give it a try and copy the finished plot to ur farmer and see if its accepted

.\chia init isn’t enough to import those ?
If I connected before to the GUI using my key, it should be good right ?

Anyway I’ll check when my plot is finished to see if it’s good.

Thanks for your help !

I think, chia init -c c:\ca-folder might be needed.

OK I will try that, thanks !

On a plotter machine, If you ran the GUI first and logged in with your keys → All good.
You may consider:

1. Your farming keys should not be in your plotting machines. Instead, plot by using the -f and -p flags (public keys), and then transfer the plots to the machine you will use to farm.

From here: Having two keys? · Discussion #1116 · Chia-Network/chia-blockchain · GitHub

How to get your keys: How to find your Farmer key and Pool key for your Chia farm - Tutorials & Guides - Chia Forum

1 Like

100% yes. Install the GUI, enter your key, get to the start page then exit. At that point you can plot just fine. That’s exactly how I do it.

1 Like

OK thanks for your answers ! Have a nice day :wink:

Thank you for making this as I have the same question as well, of course @codinghorror reply answered the question really nicely, appreciate it