How does Chia intend to fight back against HPool with code?

Forgive me if this is a foolish question, I’m still a bit of a crypto-noob and still drinking my first mug of caffeine today.

Could the devs possibly be trying to figure out a way to decentralize pooling? I know “decentralize” is a bit of a buzz word, but it seems like many people have a big concern that HPool controls too much of the netspace. But what stops the devs from making it so that you can have a pool that no one directly controls, or that has no real overhead beyond what’s already built into the software, so takes no cut?

Feel free to answer just “technical stuff” if you think it’s beyond this simple space farmer’s head. :wink:

I waited patiently for pools as the odds of my 350 plots winning solo dropped lower and lower every day. With the most recent announcement that pools are delayed yet again, and pools haven’t even been deployed to testnet for dev use, I decided to jump on the hpool bandwagon. I created a new xch wallet, moved my 1 xch over (I sold one at 1500 to roi), created a VM and installed hpools software in that sandbox and hopefully today I will be running on hpool and be earning something which is better than the 0 I’d otherwise earn. If you’re careful like this, there’s nothing you stand to lose with hpool. I’ll move when official pools finally become available but I don’t expect that before Sept at this point.

Btw I did have to provide my private key on the client side, so they are asking and there is nothing to say they haven’t stored it in their cloud. I suppose you could throw up Wireshark to see what’s what, but I really dont care. I’ve abandoned that wallet and we will have to replot for pools anyway.

3 Likes

Well played, you sold at the peak!

1 Like

i think the price can come back on next bull run of BTC or even if binance will ad chia

Even a stopped clock is right twice a day. I then used the 1500 to buy eth at 3800 :(. Oops.

5 Likes