How long before I start earning some Chia?

How long does it take before I start to earn some Chia?

Been farming for a while and just maxed out all my storage…

• 6x 8TB HDD - Full
  • 2x 16TB HDD - Full

72TB should have earned me something by now…

Should it be taking so long?

With 728 solo plots, you might need to wait more than a year before you win. If I would be you, I would upgrade to the latest version of chia client and start converting my solo plots to NFT/poolable plots. That way, you can start earning chia tomorrow (albeit very small amounts, until you have converted all solo plots to poolable plots).

1 Like

OP - Important to realise that it’s simply down to chance

Because you haven’t won for two/three months doesn’t mean you’re any more likely to win in the next two/three months (in fact, you’re provably less likely due to expanding netspace)

Best think of it as a daily. chance of win - an “estimated time to win” of three months might be better thought of as approx 1/90 daily chance of winning which “resets” every day

Not sure I understand where @yengilz is coming from with the one year statement but agree, being part of a pool is more satisfying seeing the daily progress even if, on average, it doesn’t increase you long term prospects

With 728 solo plots, his expected time to win is 4 months (https://chiacalculator.com/). It is fairly common to be “unlucky” and wait more than 300% of expected time to win before hitting a block. See flexpools historic % luck as a good example for how frequently this happens (Notice of Closure). There are also several examples of this level of “unluck” in this forum (me included, see No rewards for 9863 plots for about a month for some inspiration).