How many are still running Chia farm with a passion as last summer?

What hardware are you using to plot with?

It is tiresome to see the price of Chia (xch) always go lower. Even a steady sideways would be a nice change. That being said, I continue to expand my farm as once you have the infrastructure in place, it’s not that hard to grow it.

1 Like

Price of XCH is certainly depressing (and depressed), but so are other equities, actually most everything that isn’t affected directly by inflation is down. I got over panicking over these type of investment events decades ago, 'cause it doesn’t make it better, doesn’t change anything, can ruin your mind if you only focus on it.

Until the world ends, and if we all live long enough, things tend to get better eventually. Patience is all have now.

1 Like

If you don´t mind, could you share where did you bought your HDDs? thanks.

Current farm is 1.85 PiB, with 4 18TB hdds remaining to fill. Lots of rack space, enough power capacity (240V dedicated line). However, it is getting hot in the garage, and current exhaust system already works non-stop. The 45-bay supermicro jbods generate quite a lot of heat.
I think the only way to scale more is an air conditioning solution, which means a lot of $$$ to setup, and a lot more electricity to run.

And falling xch price doesn’t help lol

2 Likes

holder is hard,so we need wait

Alaska anyone??? Will will keep your beer cool also.

is your farm still on?

4300 plots chugging away. I will keep farming for however long my HDDs survive.

Accumulation is the name of the game at the moment.

2 Likes

Zombie thread :zombie:, I’m in!

Stuff got weird in Chia land, I was bummed for a bit, but then I remembered that hard drives are neat and so is Chia. As far as hobbies go, it’s cheaper than fixing up old cars (wife says no lawn Plymouths anyway), and I’m not into vidya games anymore :person_shrugging:.

1 Like