How many parallel plots

Dear friends,
Can anybody advice me how many parallel plots I can make using a 3TB m.2 ssd and a 24 threads cpu on 64MB of Ram?
Your quick respond would be greatly appriciated.

12, waiting 30 min before starting every new plot would be a good place to start testing. I managed to run 16 parallel on 32gb of RAM. In your case, the limiting factor is the ssd. But the cpu will also become much slower if you go beyond 12 parallel.

1 Like

Thank you so very much. And how many threads should I pick for each plot? Could you advice that as well?

a general formula I found to find maximum amount of parallel plots is this:
CPU limitation: (number of cores + number of threads) / 2
RAM limitation: (total system RAM in MB) /3400MB {rounded}
Temp storage limitation: (total temp space in GB ) / 250 GB {rounded}
the smallest number out of the three should roughly tell you how many plots in parallel you can run.

1 Like

Thank you Ramin for great formula.
Using your formula tells me that I can run 11 plots in parallel. In this case, May I ask how many threads and amount of ram should I use running each plot? (Having 24 Threads & 64GB Ram) and what would be the delay?

I would say it all comes down to what plot manager or even plotter you are using. With madMax you would be able to use almost all your threads at the same time, but if you are not using madMax, I would think that 4 threads per plot and a 25-30min stagger would be sufficient. I personally have not played around that much with the memory used so I would leave it at the default.

1 Like

4 threads are fine. If you limit to max 4 plots at phase 1, you’d have 4 plots using 4 threads each and 8 plots (phase 2 and above) using 1 thread each, totalling 24 threads

1 Like