How many plots should I do in parallel? and if i was to upgrade anything what would it be?

I have a ryzen 9 3900x, 64gb ddr4 ram and, a 2tb gen4 nvme ssd. I am not sure on what plot count I should do along with ram usage. If i had to upgrade anything what could it be and how many plots would I be able to do then? (sorry new to all of this appreciate any help i can get)

Hello! Welcome to the Forums!

Plotting is limited by three components; CPU, RAM, Temp Space. Temp Space should ideally be on a NVMe M.2 SSD. A SATA M.2 SSD and SATA SSD is the next best. HDD is the worst.

Use the information below to find the limits of your system:

• CPU is limited by this formula: (Cores + Threads)/2
  • RAM is limited by this formula: (Total System RAM)/3400
  • Temp Space is limited by this formula: (Total Temp Space)GB/256GB

Reply back with the limits of each component.

1 Like

With the ryzen 3900x you have a maximum of 12 plots you can run at the same time.

Your RAM is enough paired with that CPU

Your Temp Space (2tb gen4 nvme) is too small to keep up with the rest of the system. If you want to run 12 plots at the same time you need a minimum of 3 TB Temp space

So I would advise to get another 2 TB nvme and then run 6 staggered plots on each.
If you dont have another m.2 slot, you could use an external ssd or get a m.2 expansion card or something like that.

Or you leave it as is and run 6-8 plots on the one ssd with 3-4 threads per plot. But that will get you less total plots total per day.