How to deactivate farming in Chia GUI?

Hello, I want to use my PC only for plotting. Is it possible to deactivate the farming process? I already tried to block the network connection for the Chia Farmer in the Windows Firewall, but with no success.
It could also help me, if I could deactivate Syncing. Thank you in advance for an answer :slight_smile: .

Plot via the CLI and don’t worry about running a full node via the GUI. No reason to open the GUI and give up valuable resources that could have been spent on plotting.

If you are serious about CLI plotting, look into SWAR.

3 Likes

To deactivate farming, all you need to do is have no plots or plot directories under the plots tab. But as @CabooseCustomsCo said, you would be better off just plotting via CLI. And also use a plot manager.

1 Like

The third tab at the top has a developer view. There is a network tab that allows you to turn the network offline. Also you will want to open task manager and end the process that says “full node startup”. These two things coupled with a firewall access block in windows firewall should put the wallet offline. You will know it works when blocks on the full node do not update. This will allow you to be offline but still plot in the GUI.

2 Likes

Thank you very much! Deactivating the network in the developer tab solved the problem for me :slight_smile: :smiley:

1 Like

open powershell

C:\Users??your username??\AppData\Local\chia-blockchain\app-1.1.7\resources\app.asar.unpacked\daemon\chia stop farmer

then use gui for plotting only