How to farm Chia with 2 different wallets

My brother is farming Chia with a full node. I read that you should never use 2 full nodes on one network, but since I want to farm Chia too, how can my brother and I both farm with our own wallet/plots from one network? Just to be clear, we don`t want to share a wallet and we both have our own storage, we just dont have 2 external IP-addresses so we are not able to forward 8444 to 2 different full nodes.

I know theres alot of questions out there about multiple systems on one network, but I cannot seem to find how to fix my specific issue. Any idea`s would be helpfull.

2 Likes

Hmm, you want two different nodes on the same network.

It should work, I guess in that case neither node can have port 8444 forwarded so you will both be at a disadvantage, but that’s not a happy solution…

Perhaps one could have port 8444 forwarded, and the other could use a VPN? I think that’s the only way.

1 Like

First, make sure to disable UPnP in the Chia config file or on your router.

It might even be possible to use port forwarding for both clients. You could give it a try. Forward 8444 to your brother’s node and reconfigure your node to use a different port (e.g. 18444). You can do that by replacing every instance of 8444 in config.yaml with the new port number, except for the port of introducer.chia.net and restart your node. I haven’t tested it, but I guess it should work.

2 Likes

Thanks for the information, I will give it a try to use another port. If it doesn`t work it should give errors/warnings in the log I assume?

Will the wallet have trouble connecting to the network? Even with one node in the network it often gives 0 connections.

Would like to know this also. Did you get it sorted?

1 Like

fwiw. i really have no idea what i’m doing, but i maxed out my first first farm (75 TiB) and started on a second one… same wallet, same network. shortly after firing up this second farm (10 TiB) i won 2 XCH.

Let’s complicate the task: We need to have one Full Node in the local network and 2 Farmer+Harvester+Wallet for each of the brothers. Is it possible?