How to stop new farmers joining Chia Network

One click farming already exists aka flexfarmer and I assume it wouldn’t take much to make a similar one click user experience based on the current farmer. The only large improvement I could see is with plotting’s user experience.

1 Like

Is that a full node that you mentioned some time ago, or just a harvester?

Is there a document about migrating from chia to flex node (what to delete, …)? How to install on multiple harvesters?

Which chia version it is based on?

If you’ve done eth mining then flexfarmer is pretty much the same, fill in the bat file with your wallet, plot key, and server to connect to then double click to start.
Only works if your plots are already pre-plotted to the pool though.

Skip to 17:40 to see it in action. Technically you need to double click.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsLqkTx7h1o

Really? Noting in English?

On your website, you have FlexFarmer and Chia Farmer. Chia Farmer looks like a full node. Is that the rewrite that you mentioned before that Flex was working on, or rather just repackaged chia code with the same problems?

Flexfarmer is the first few steps towards the full client were working on. It currently connects to the original Chia node with layers hosted on AWS. We’re working to make a Go-Chia node but its still at least a month out.

Now that you have 1.2.10 running, going to .11 should work yes? Make a backup CYA

You’d assume so, but I’d guess not.
Each release is independent and has its own tweeks.
Some prob work better on some setups and others not so much.

At least for now, I am kind of done with it. I will wait for a full node from Flex. There is no point wasting time with this garbage.

I’ve tried with a fresh machine. No chance. It works the same as official Chia.
First, I have to have Launcher ID, and this requires me to sync my wallet to latest height to obtain it. That means nothing:(

Or, am I missing something?

We need your plot key which is derived from your mnemonic. You don’t need to sync for that (I think) but you do need to sync to make the flexpool nft plots.

Flexfarmer is more for people who have one machine that plots the hdds and another like a pi on the side to farm them. That being said it’s still nice to be able to game/use your computer while farming as flexfarmer uses like 100-200mb of ram and 0-1% of your Cpu versus the 1gb+ needed by the chia node.

Flexfarmer makes chia farming much more energy and hardware efficient but admittedly it does decrease decentralization.

When people struggle with running their nodes with chia code, I think that for most of them decreased decentralization will not be the problem (at least, this is not a problem for me right now). To some extent, this is Chia’s problem.

Well the long term plan is for us to finish a node that will need more resources than flexfarmer but much less than the current chia node. And it should be done way before any appreciable amount of investment is on the network. So I don’t really see a security issue long term since max security isn’t needed yet.

What the heck that guy talking about???

Yep, I can see that vision, and it’s really powerful to me.
But don’t I need to provide Launcher ID to get start (like the video described, run a command: chia plotnft show)? When I do so, it returns that indicates me to sync my wallet before giving Launcher ID.

What can I do instead?

Also, it raise me another question: do I need to run full node on the plotting machine? If so, that make less points to use flexfarmer. But if it doesn’t… that’d be quite a relief:)

Yeah you need the full node to plot nft plots. Sucks I know.

Windows Pro. It is hit and miss with Chia. Once they get some more skilled devs, these issues will hopefully go away.

You need a fully synced node to create the PlotNFT, but to plot from command line you only need the pool contract address and the farmer public key. That can be copy & pasted to the plotting machine.