I have to restart plotting every time i close the application

i created a test plot. just. every time i close the apps i have to restart plotting… yes my plotting is not yet done. to 100%. is this normal. ??

but i see some temp files in my directory. where i save the temporary files for plotting…

and also. lets say i’m already mining. im done when plotting. if i close my apps. will my mining will be gone to? or it will just continue if a open the application again.??

thanks and God Bless. Stay safe :slight_smile:

1 Like

You will lose all progress plotting if you close the application. Also if your computer goes to sleep. The temp files left behind can be deleted, they are useless at that point. Same with farming, it will only farm when the GUI is open. Of course this information is pertaining to the GUI. If you use the command line, I think it is different. But if you use the GUI, it needs to be open to do anything.

thank you. do you have a link where i can read about the command line

here you have

here’s a example of a batch file to make plots, just save it to a .bat file.

cd C:\Users\{YOUR_USERNAME}\AppData\Local\chia-blockchain\app-1.1.5\resources\app.asar.unpacked\daemon
.\chia plots create -k 32 -b 3400 -r 2 -u 128 -t E:\temp -d F:\plots -n 20
PAUSE

Oh, and something else, make sure you pause your Microsoft updates. If your computer decides to update and reboot in the middle of the night, it doesn’t matter which you use (GUI or CLI), your plots in progress are cooked.

also turn off power safe just in case

Try to master the GUI first. That’s better for full comprehension of what is going on with the chia network.

1 Like

Actually, plots survive sleep in my experience. It’s not a great idea, of course!

I haven’t tested it because i have seen it in many places (even in the chia instructions I do believe) that sleep kills plots. But good to know if it doesn’t.

I was surprised too, but it’s happened twice now, and all the plots survived. I tested them with the plot check command too. Again – not a good idea, something you should avoid, but doesn’t necessarily kill plots. Shutting your PC down or restarting it definitely will tho!