If the app restarts for any number of reasons all plots which are in progress are lost?

Hi Guys,

Firstly my rig is:
AMD Ryzen 9 3900x
AS Rock B550 Phantom Gaming
32GB Panther Rage 3000 RAM
2TB Samsung EVO SATA SSD (Temporary Drive 2)
2TB Samsung EVO SATA SSD (Temporary Drive 1)
12TB X 2 EXOS Enterprise HDD (Destinations)
Windows 10 Pro (Currently Unactivated will be tomorrow)

I started my first plots today after a week of research, I set 8 plots running in parallel with 45 minute delay. Everything looked perfect the first was not far from finishing, the CPU usage and RAM was monitored and only using around 85% of CPU. It looked fine I thought I was about to get my first plot.

I went out and came back into the room and it looked like Windows had maybe restarted. The Chia app was closed. I checked the SSD’s and could see one was full of temp files and the other had just started to be used. So i restarted the app and waited, I noticed no plots were loading in the plotting screen. The only option it is giving me is to start plotting again from scratch, the last 5 hours of plotting isnt resuming… the app doesnt seem to see all the existing temp files on the SSD’s

Is that the case? that if the app restarts for any number of reasons all plots which are in progress are lost? also because one SSD is now full of temp files and the other also has some on it, should I wipe those drives again before I start over from scratch with another new plotting session? perhaps I should reduce the number of plots to 7 to start with or set the delay time slightly longer to 60 minutes? I looked online and others with my CPU and set up are doing 8 in parallel but I wasnt sure what delay they are using…

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much. : -)

Yes, if the computer restarts, all plot progress is lost.

If the computer goes to sleep, plot progress is retained in my experience. But restart, no, you lose all progress.

So you’ll want to set your computer up so that it does not restart.