If your faith in Chia strong, it's time to buy some

Just look how the price of Chia developed over time. On launch day Chia price was almost $2000. Since then, after initial large volatility, it has more or less continuously dropped to now below $150. Supply and demand can easily be manipulated, particularly at the start when few people have the coin. All the signs point to the price to continue to drop. Where the bottom is nobody knows.

We’re you in zcash at the start, have you seen those charts?

Pretty similar

Edit.
With mass inflation ( which we have if you exclude premine) it was bound to drop in price.
As soon as I found this forum I encouraged selling to rebuy ( shorting ).
It was the clear choice.

So you call it worst investment of your life when the mainnet has been up and running for what, a little over half a year? Funny how some idiots with such short term thinking get upset, put down a grand into something and expect 100k in a few weeks. Want instant returns just go play slot machines or something

1 Like

Seriously? Get a grip , I’ve invested a similar amount in gbp.
You took a gamble, own that , that was your choice ffs.

Chia is in early stages. I backed it because bit torrent was/ is awesome . And if bram cant make it work with a 25 mill premine @ x dollars with that war chest ill be very surprised.

Don’t come in here abusing and trying to belittle ppl , you just make yourself look like a cnut.

Karma is a bitch as they say, maybe be nice, earn some good karma, and just maybe you will have some luck.

2 Likes

Amen! These Robinhood guys are cancer.

Uhh, you do realize Chia is a public blockchain, right? Supply is out there for everyone to see. Demand can be manipulated (such such as on forums like this one), but supply cannot.

Stop spreading FUD.

1 Like

You seem to not comprehend what supply and demand are. Of course, supply can be manipulated. Supply is not the total amount that was farmed. Supply is the number of coins available for sale. Do you understand what a market is? If nobody is willing to sell their Chia coins then supply is zero at that moment. The Chia organization with the largest amount of Chia in their coffers or any other big investor into Chia could very easily influence the supply by simply pushing more coins into the market for sale. Or even without Chia coins you could short sell it which also increases the supply.

Demand can equally likely be manipulated. An investor behind Chia could easily buy up Chia to manipulate the price up. He or she creates an artificial demand for it. If done properly such manipulation can create a snowball effect with more people buying into it for short-term profits. This happens all the time in markets with a limited amount of assets controlled by a few big players. It certainly happens with startup cryptocurrencies like Chia.

OK, let met try this again. Here’s Chia’s prefarm:
https://www.chiaexplorer.com/pre-farm

They have sold exactly 0 coins to date. How do I know this? I can look at the blockchain, which is public. The supply is known and not able to be manipulated.

Demand, as I already said, can be manipulated, as you are demonstrating with your comments.

STOP SPREADING FUD!

1 Like

Meh… just point to https://www.crunchbase.com/organization/chia-network/company_financials

And these peeps don’t have a single XCH … , CHIA Team has enough assets without the need to sell the pre-minded portion which can even be used future wise for marketing (airdrops, etc) whatever …

Also recently:

Chia Network Names New Head of Developer Relations

Ford, who has held different senior leadership roles over the past 20 years, was until recently chief marketing officer for Storj, the decentralized cloud storage service.

Now taking in people from Storj … hmmm interesting move

Also read this https://www.coindesk.com/markets/2021/07/14/chia-continues-growth-push-with-5-vp-hires/

So peeps that come from Amazon, Vindicia, Storj err…

Sorry boy, you don’t know what supply is in a market. No point in having any further discussion on economics with you.

Seriously calling someone boy (pretty sure @Dan is far from a boy, male prob but boy nah) you do know that is an insult, probably not as you intended but a boy in south africe is simply a house slave kinda …

Just reply with facts, prove instead of insulting a person cuz he says something diferent than what you wished to hear

You have some good topics/replies like the one of tape drive @lybrary but a lot is just attacking people without content…

1 Like

@md-chia Don’t engage with him. He is trying to peddle his merch, and is looking for attention this way. That’s not the first time.

1 Like

I actually want to buy some, but there’s no reputable exchange, it seems. What is the easiest way to buy some chia?

Depends how you want to buy, by c/c , cryptocurrency, paypal, wire …

Having a different opinion is of course totally fine. Being outright wrong is not. Not understanding what supply means is laughable for somebody who tries to lecture on economic topics.

Chia must drop much lower to make power bill higher than earnings!

I have the same question. What are good options for Americans buying with card or bank ACH? And the ability to send to an offline wallet (I think some exchanges wouldn’t allow sending out).

Someone had a link to a site that listed the exchanges and their features but I can’t find it.

Coinmarketcap or coingecko will list all exchanges, just search for xch on them.

1 Like

Just bought another 8 XCH for less than 1k GBP :laughing:

Which platform do you use to buy XCH?