Is chia a lottery?

Watch this video and tell me Chia isn’t solely meant for big business and not the little guy. There are no pools that are official yet. The code is unsound and requires a lot of skill and time to insure it is indeed working properly and your plots are being counted. My opinion: If you are an individual miner, no matter how many plots you have, get out now because there is no way for you to win. If you listen the the whole video it is clear this was never meant to be profitable for the little guy. It was always meant for big data and the leftover storage space they have. Why do you think Google has decided to stop storing your photos and files? In my opinion: They want to use that newly opened space to suck up all the storage (plotting) space for Chia and continue to charge you for use of what used to be free - they win twice. Also, if you do not have fast enough broadband, you will never be in line quick enough to be considered a contender to a plot challenge. After accumulating 160 plots, I trashed them all when it became clear that there is no legitimate way for the little guy to win on this one. More power to you if have made your money back or even gotten ahead, but I truly believe those days are over.

1 Like

This Simpsons fan loves your name! You have embiggened this discussion by using it.

1 Like

A name as cryptic as it can get in English - big balding American ape with anger issues - “I’ll show you big balding American ape…why you little…”

1 Like

i have 1600+ plots and zero Chia. Still farming and still harvesting. It is all a luck game. Yes i have checked all my speeds etc, all below.075 of a second response time.

Are you running chiadog? You may be responding quickly (to the challenges you have recieved), but are you receiving all the challenges? There are only two ways (that I know of) to know if you are receiving all the challenges.

1. Sit there and watch the GUI and make sure you see a challenge appear on the list at least every 10 seconds.
  2. Install Chiadog and it will alert you (and print the alert to the Chiadog screen) whenever you have not received a challenge in the specified time.

This is how I got my system working. I was missing challenges and nothing told me. I’m sure I was just really lucky, but within a couple days after fixing this issue, I won twice in one day.

1 Like

I would love to use Chiadog but I’m running windows 10.

So I see a challenge every 8-12 seconds and I see plots passing fairly regularly.

Does that imply that everything at least appears to be working?

1 Like

I run chia dog on windows 10.

Please, lol, where do I download chiadog for windows? I did my google search and only found Linux stuff.

I am running I to a file not found error when I try to run it under win 10 after following the instructions.

Could you post your config.yaml? Or at least the first bit before the notifications? Also, I followed the instructions to creat a venv for it then it tells you to deactivate it. I am.assumong that when I run it I want to active it again first (though I have tried it both ways with no luck)

Thanks for any help

My response time is 0.02699 s but it means nothing for me as my wallet gets not a “penny”. :grinning: :smiley:

I read somewhere that the total amount of affordable for "harvesting"chia coins is 21 000 coins.If so chia is a double briliant coin standard relatively to bitcoin.

Have 2600plot waiting for 45days also didn’t win anything so far …its time to sell all hdd at eBay and said bye bye to chia mining

2 Likes

Don’t give up hope yet. The money you spent on the drives and Chia stuff was already spent. Unless you are like me and even driving to work is putting a strain on your finances (I am slowly earning money but it will take time), I would say that since the money was already spent, keep going with Chia. Don’t spend another dime though. I know I won’t (unless I start hitting it big or pooling takes off and I start winning in pooling).

1 Like

Marc might be the smartest on us to hang his gloves first… Good Job! On your decision, I am just a few days away from my call it quits target… Soon the independent farmer community will become extinct, value of XCH pennies, the HDD manufactures ultimate winners to have achieved a new base price for their products… Good Riddance I say, do something real and worthwhile with your time and finances…send a small gift to your mom :slight_smile:

last few weeks one of my friend with 1 plot won 2xch make my JAW dropped after he sends me the screenshot… it all depends on luck so just use this money go buy lottery maybe will strike a JACKPOT :))

1 Like

How old is that screenshot? The network just passed 20.5 EiB.

2 weeks old, if he won 2 chia when Total Network Space was 10.444 EiB. You can check it there:
https://www.chiaexplorer.com/charts/netspace?period=1m

I wouldn’t put much stock in a screenshot like that. My GUI also says I have 1 plot. But in reality, I have over 1000. The rest are just being harvested by remote harvesters. (Well, that was the way it looked before I went to HPool) The GUI only shows what plots are being farmed by that specific machine.

What is done is done.leave as it is and leave you hdds with you harvesting chia.iT DOES NOT NEED MONEY NOW.