Is chia a premined scam ? - 50% is already premined by chia network?

First time in crypto, part of the ‘Wen Lambo’ brigade :rofl:

2 Likes

They admit to having gone short, they now want to rebuy for $20.

I could be wrong, but it does just seem like trash talk.

As we’re post not pow I don’t think ( to early to bother checking for sure ) we suffer from 50% attacks.
And there’s good reason even in pow ppl don’t do it, if you own 50% hash power ( generally a big investment) why would you then perform such an attack wrecking your return, all faith would be lost in the coin and it would become worthless

Ah, ok, there is a 46% attack possible, but again, if you have all that money invested, why wreck a good thing by performing it.

It would also be highly illegal to pump their own coin with the $60 mill , everything is working fine, why take the risk of getting caught and wrecking the good thing they already have.

1 Like

Wait. What? No whwn Lambo?

1 Like

LTC not pre-mined … guess you never heard of Charlie Lee … do your homework …

LTC got killed by Charlie Lee

Don’t bother, he is just talking shit, he claimed Ethereum wasn’t premined. :joy:

3 Likes

Some clarifications -
1. Don’t support financial losses - I don’t support choices which can fetch you financial losses in short term to make long term gain. Even if Chia go $40000/XCH in next 3-5 years, I can not fetch $4K losses today. Huntinggroud, you may have lot of money and might not care a loss of £2k in just 4 months, but it does have lot of value for me. So, if 20$ is the right value for chia coin ( already given the Math) , why should i keep holding and making loss. I sold all my coins when it was ~90$ and don’t regret the decision.
2. 36% control by Hpool - AnyFarmer, Hpool has increased from 28% to 36% in past few months. How is one person having control over 35% of the netspace not a problem… i know it’s thousands of farmers but one person or just a few has the complete control over HPOOL.
3. Crime rates in crypto are high - Bones, Here is the news - Crypto crime hit record US$14 billion in 2021, research shows : https://www.channelnewsasia.com/business/crypto-crime-hit-record-us14-billion-2021-research-shows-2418866 . So the argument, about 50% attack will not happen could be just few months away, with the kind of speed the Hpool is increasing the total control.
4. why 21M pre-owned will screw farmers - thanks for pointing out md-chia, LTC is screwed by LTC pre-mined lite coin by Charlie Lee. The same thing i was trying to point out about the Chia network pre-owned chia coins. Our friend Huntingground will be waiting for 3-5 years for Chia coin to go big. But if chia pre-farmed coins are used, Reality can destroy the dream.
5. Global factors impacting crypto - when you know about global news of crypto blanket ban by Russia and lot of crypto coin sales. It is tough for guys like me to hold on to make losses. I prefer to short to readjust the market to new news and then restart with new buys.
So, Crypto is risky and Chia is more risker with 95.27% fall in price. Hence, safe-guarding your interest is not stupid thing to do even if you support the technology.

Sure, I only put into XCH what I could afford to lose. As soon as I put money in, I wrote it off. No sweat then!!

I hope it works out for you but my timeline is much longer than yours and therefore you selected the wrong coin as it was never going to moon so quickly. This was stated many times before mainnet.

One of my friends (XCH farmer) reckons it could be a 7 year timeline.

3 Likes

They are high, but are they high enough in chia for any one entity to get 46% , and then use it maliciously without the owners realising and re-writing their plots?

The only time I’ve ever known ( admittedly alot happens I have no clue of ) for a 51% attack to happen, has been bot net owners maliciously attacking shit coins .

Even if someone hacked hpool and got control of all their stuff, how long would it be before hpool realised and stopped it?

Exchanges being hacked for coins is entirely different to taking control of a chain, apples and oranges.

Really time you do your home work as I mentioned before mentioning Charlie Lee re LTC… so I quote something you can easy find with allmighty google…

The estimated amount of money laundered globally in one year is 2 - 5% of global GDP, or $800 billion - $2 trillion in current US dollars .

And that’s FIAT not crypto currency, crypto is neglectable compared to the amount in FIAT

Exactly

Same applies to investing in stocks, precious metals, real estate etc … only invest in what you can afford to lose, in other words … money you don’t need for some time and can afford the loss if …

Meh it’s fun to educate newbies that discovered recently crypto, so many believe they can become overnight millionaire with just a few $100s

And @din who gambles even on a single horse … I see hundreds of deposits from crypto investments left and right a month, some a loss others profitable… and heck if played smart you make sure the crypto’s you go for are also available at binance flexible savings, launchpad etc … some are pretty good in APR eg Helium HNT, USDT, etc … others not so much but they do cover a bit of losses when you put it all in flexible savings… sadly XCH ain’t yet at Binance but who knows what the future brings…

Ok final edit for now I guess …

2 Likes

Lawl, ethereum has larger premine, and no one is moaning about that eh?

1 Like

What I find the most funny part is that people moan about coins that are infinite eg dogecoin, uhmmm I never seen that regarding ETH… so ETH lovers hate DOGE cuz it’s infinite … weird…

Unlike Bitcoin that has a limited supply, the issuance of Ethereum is capped at 18 million Ethereums per year!

Sorry but in my opinion this is mostly just wrong.

1. The $61M at a $500M valuation cannot be transferred at all to a stock market valuation.
    With your calculation that would mean that these investment companies will make losses! Show me a L1 crypto project with a similarly strong team (that alone will be hard to find), where this is supposed to have happened. x2 so ~50$ would already be an extremely! poor performance in this area.

2. That is a vague assumption. Chia is already very well financed.
    They not even use the strategic reserve for grants. ( Source: official grants site).
    If you don´t trust me (good!), trust the data and track the pre-farm:
    https://www.chiaexplorer.com/pre-farm

3. the first rank is (of course) a pool. But that doesn’t change the decentralization of Chia or its security.
    "If a pool gets 51% of netspace, can they take over the network?

No, Chia’s pooling protocol is designed where the blocks are farmed by individual farmers, but the pooling rewards go to the pool operator’s wallet. This ensures that even if a pool has 51% netspace, they would also need to control ALL of the farmer nodes (with the 51% netspace) to do any malicious activity. This will be very difficult unless ALL the farmers (with the 51% netspace) downloaded the same malicious Chia client programmed by a Bram like level genius."
(source: Pooling FAQ · Chia-Network/chia-blockchain Wiki · GitHub)

1. This is exactly the opportunity that needs to be seen. The current price is irrelevant here. It is a matter of estimating how the coin will develop.

For this you need to understand the market. Chia had made it clear that they would not sell any coins. This meant that the initial supply was extremely low. If one had dealt with the token background and distribution, it should be clear that there is a massive supply shortage at the beginning.

I will not make any price targets, but I´m buying since 150$ with rising orders on the downtrend.
Before making fun of 150$/Coin - I also sold a decent amount of tokens at ~1050$. (made my plots in testnet and was live on Block 0)

3 Likes

Aka Hpool’s client that requires your seed phrase…

My 20$ price prediction for Chia is going to come true soon. Touched to 34$ now. Thank God I had made profit while it was ~90$. Who all thinks that it will touch to 20$ price and all my previous Math for 20$ price for Chia was perfect? How is your prediction now @1winning1 ?

1600$/ chia to 34$/ chia in less than 1 year… what does it say?

Just buy Terra / Luna now. It was almost down to 0 after the blockchain problems and is slowly going up. I already made 30% Profit in 3 hours after purchase. LOL.

Chia Profitability also shuts down, I spoke to the developer - The Chia Plot … this was very bad news… the more your read… the more you find, their is something wrong with Chia… 20$ prediction is going to come true by Sep. 2022.

Why should chia beeing bad? Just because of price drop? Most of you guys don’t know nothing about technology just running curves behind.

Now is the time people making money, because they choose the right invests. Chia is for me fun as it was at the beginning. I only farm not buy. I’m in for shares on future companies, they making new contracts every day but stupid people only interest in curves, they throw best invests away because of panic. I go buy it.

1 Like

Do you mean these guys are fool?
Another Chia Pool bites the dust – PoolHarvest blames Chia Network - The Chia Plot
Also these ?
Chia Profitability also shuts down, I spoke to the developer - The Chia Plot
could you please prove these guys were fool and made the mistake and you are smarter than them? Tech wise - why Chia , why not Etherium 2.0 if being green is the key?