Is there any reason to continue Chia?

I’m sad to see that many chia farmers don’t even know what they’re doing and don’t have a simple vision of a small piece of a grand future, it seems that they need constant youtubers selling illusions and false promises to believe in nothing to feel part of it anyway, my friends wake up, did you even read the sentence that bram put on his personal twitter? " Back in the day created BitTorrent " have any idea what that means??.. XCH is not a pyramid scheme, it does not belong and does not owe obedience to your shitcoins reading…

1 Like

for those who is not that bright … is chia going down?

although what is “artificial behavior” exactly. what does it mean in simple terms?

1 Like

I can’t prove motive but there appears to be a “buy at $30” crowd hanging out in the ecosystem right now (last two months, possibly longer if you count the relatively stable last 6 months). It could be vested interest just as much as it could be bargain hunters. Many established coins trend sideways once they cross the down 90-98% range in bear markets (see Vertcoin, Verge, Dash). Can I vote for both being an option :toilet: ? I kinda lean towards ‘floor’ in the price - it’s a great deal if you believe in the project long term.

3 Likes

I think its as simple as ppl buying at apx 30 and selling a tad over 30.
Steady income if you have many coins to try to keep the price within that range, it also ensures not to many have confidence to invest in more gear ensuring your mining income stays apx the same.
Not a bad plan if you want to accumulate and profit before the next mining reduction for xch or waiting for the next bull run

Edit.
I think its good practise to remember while most of us openly share our build ideas etc, others havent and have openly stated they wont until it pays to do so.
So when certain indivuduals main goal is $$$ and they spend a long time banging on about a subject, eg selling drives, its best, imo, to wonder what they are hoping to gain from you doing so.

1 Like

Everything is relative. My costs are not minimal with a $2,500 electric bill each month. However, it’s still profitable even in SoCal.

3 Likes

Just for clarification, approx how many PBs does that $$$ support?

12 PB

2 Likes

This is an example of what I am sure is not productive for the Chia blockchain. Petabytes concentrated in one place do not help decentralization and there is also the exaggerated electricity consumption (things that Chia’s philosophy does not pursue). In my opinion there should be a space limit per farmer.

1 Like

Haha that’s kinda dumb…
Do you know how much 12petabytes is compared to the entire ecosystem. Do the math and you will laugh because it’s such a small percentage and does not affect decentralisation

1 Like

I did also write… “or use chia earned to pay the electric”
:stuck_out_tongue:

Regardless of what percentage it is, it is irrelevant. Chia’s centralization depends on node count, not farm sizes. A farm with 1 plot has the same “voting” power as 100 PB farm (with 1 full node).

1 Like

All that you want man, but If you don’t think that is much better 12 farmers with 1 peta distributed along the world that this 12peta farmer In one place… Nothing more to say about It for me.

Also in term’s of security, If this farmer switch off one day the blockchain lose’s 12 petabytes…

And so, I think this man need to sell a big part of chia farmed to pay the bill, It isn’t something good for the price of chia.

Chia must not be the next proof of space transformed in a hight energy consumtion like POW blockchains (BTC, ETC, ETHW, ETH(before POS) ).

Well there’s over one hundred thousand farmers anyway… And there are many farms with 10pib and more.

1 Like

Imho , centralised signing is a far greater issue than 12pb.
I really dont think 12pb is that much of an issue.

1 Like

We have to see that Chia competes with the technology of other new blockchains, for example Aptos Labs, or the new ETH that use a POS proof of stake consensus mechanism…

And it seems to be enough to place about 30/60 nodes doing coin staking to validate the blocks. Can you tell me what advantage Chia will have against this? Is Chia’s energy consumption lower compared to these blockchain POS? I think not when I see this type of farmers…

I’m sure that perhaps Chia is more secure (network space) and decentralized because It has more nodes, but are so many really necessary? Or as it seems, just a few nodes are enough? Is it possible that Chia has lost the technological battle with his consensus method? may It need an update?

1 Like

hold what you have… if you sell now it guaranteeing regret. if your in for the past few years in like some of us your holding no dout.

looking at a 40 year streatch…
truth is tho

ive told heavy investors i was in possession of real chia and they lost their shit.

markets and prices don’t tell the whole story of what a coin is worth.

to its farmers
to its users
to the devs

one day we will all be rich

HODL

1 Like

Im confused, you dont seem to know if you want dencentralisation or not, or at what level you might want it.

The key to the success of a blockchain is to find the balance between security, decentralization and the cost of its maintenance (amount of XCH needed to maintain consensus). And another great value would be that XCH was deflationary…

Do I want security, and decentralization? Sure, but in its fair measure. The measure that allows Chia Network to be selected as the main blockchain and well regarded by institutions and governments to invest.

I disagree, id say theres one factor, of course many things affect it, that one factor being adoption.

4 Likes

You are complaining about a 12PiB farm for the power it uses and possible effect on decentralization. But then commend the new ETH setup for having less nodes. Basically contradicting your argument. The power that one of those ETH staking centers use to do what they do would dwarf any single node on Chia’s network. I bet they have half a datacenter running each operation. I don’t see how you can argue the merits of that setup against Chia (or the 12PiB farm).

1 Like