ITS HAPPENING! Xch vs crypto market

Im not good at math, but looks like MA10 crosses MA30 rly soon and its not hard to guess, what that means :grinning:

1 Like

I will make money while it catches up! Same as when BTC cost 10k to produce but sold for 40-60k :slight_smile:

1 Like

You already forgot what happend when XCH was 300-1600 USD?

Well, I sold all my Chia when it was at those prices, I have pretty fond memories of those times. Why, what happened for you? Did you speculate and lose?

I was talking about HDD prices, HBA prices, SSD prices etc.

The time to buy hardware is when XCH price is low, the time to sell XCH is when the price is high. Right now is a pretty good time to expand one’s farm.

1 Like

Still working on collecting more ALU cans to get drives… :money_mouth_face: :money_mouth_face:

2 Likes

The time to buy XCH is when XCH price is low, the time to sell XCH is when the price is high.
The time to buy hardware is when the hardware is cheap.

thanks-obvious

3 Likes

Doesn’t seem obvious to many people here, but alright.

If you’re not mining, sure, buy low sell high if you’re into that type of thing.

If you’re mining, then hardware price is great right now because everyone is “selling their unprofitable farm” and leaving the network, which is because XCH price is low.

1 Like

An article pointing out how chia is a rare bird at the moment.

Here are the paragraphs plucked from the article (see the last sentence):

Ethereum (ETH) is the leading smart contract platform token as it commands $131.50 billion of the $245 billion. ETH is down 39.3% over the last seven days and most smart contract tokens have seen considerable losses during the past week.

Avalanche (AVAX) shed 34%, binance coin (BNB) lost 25%, cardano (ADA) dropped by 22.5%, polkadot (DOT) slid by 20.7%, and solana (SOL) lost 22.3% in seven days. One of the only smart contract coins not down this past week is chia (XCH) as it is up by 1.2% against the U.S. dollar.

3 Likes

:rocket::rocket::rocket:

Break out. XCH.

1 Like

Now at 50$ and not even in the news yet…

1 Like

This is almost too good to be true. Maybe it is. I take nothing for granted. Hardware prices should be fine until some YouTube influencer claims Chia is the new go-to. Since most here are somewhat OGs, who feels this is fake? When you see erosion for over a year, seeing it go the other way is amost unfathomable. I ask myself why now. This part doesn’t add up to me. All the big Chia news and developments had zero price affect. A cryto collapse makes Chia shine? BTW, the number to watch is the ranking on coin market cap. It’s one thing to see price increasing, but it’s another thing to see Chia climbing over the competition like this. If she sinks soon? I will have a chuckle and continue to yield XCH while people drop out.

1 Like

It is sitting at 117 at the moment (on that list). I’m pretty much in the same boat. I like seeing it climb but really have no idea why it is doing it now or what the near future holds. I have always believed it will begin to gain traction over the coming years and become a big player. Ultimately taking one of the top spots. But now? I don’t see anything currently that would have kicked it up this last week. Could just be a correction. It has been getting abused for a while now. Maybe whoever was pressuring it down got hit by this crypto crash (in other coins) and had to stop their XCH downward pressure campaign. Who knows. I’m sure we could come up with a load of stories on what is going on.

I guess for now I’ll just be happy it is gaining some ground. And maybe it will get some press in the process.

The best formula imo for everyone here sticking through this is to get the benefits of yield now which is better than ever, comparitively speaking. Getting the yield while XCH is still out of the limelight of sorts. Then it climbs. We can get some yield before difficulty rises with the value. It’s like low tide. Get all the clams while you can before the tide rises. And grow while hardware prices stabilized. For me the idea of getting in on this now and seeing some magical value in a year or two is almost too good to be true. Things never go according to plan for me. I have a lot in place, but XCH price/trend put a big damper on expectations. I’ve said it already but it’s too good to be true. The trend that is. Yeah, I know. It pales in comparison to before. Yeah, but yield is what matters and you didn’t get good yield when price was high. This scenario is better for me.

There was a big drop in netspace just before the price went up, so I suspect an investor intervention. When the market went south last May, I looked for alternatives and found Chia, so that’s another possibility.

2 Likes

Right now is the time to buy XCH not extend farm. If XCH is soon back to $300, you have 6x your investment. If you extend your farm, it will take you multiple years to 6x your investment.

2 Likes

I think it’s partly a few things.
Simplest being people love crypto and don’t want to just give it up because of the market crash. Mainly due to the global recession that’s going on.

but as the market crash’s and people are liquidating people are looking for that crypto they can hold and don’t have to hold to kill the planet doin so.

People are waking up amongst the market chaos.
Chia should very rarely Trend with the other coins in my opinion.

It’s a completely different game I think from this point on.

It takes a catastrophic event for people to actually learn a lesson and usually evolution occurs or mass die off.

Same with chia in a few ways.

Who knows tho to predict the market is to challenge god

Just Pop bottles at 1k no doubt.
And spending every penny I make on chia starting now.

1 Like

This isn’t mutually exclusive.