Let's try to find the unluckiest among us

I messed up a single letter in my mount…wiped a drive with 6 plots on it today :grimacing:

3 Likes

My sympathies. Here’s a hug. :hugs:
What about undelete/unformat/partition recovery?

so what did you do with the transfered plots through network? you delete all of it and start over again or keep it anyway? Is there any clean way to check if the plots are legible or not? I ploted some plots on the second machine and put directly the directory in a shared folder on the main one, they are both synced as full node and i see all the plots are counted anyway but not sure if they are good to challenges. Thank you.

@andrew I really hope you get a chia soon!!! My god, this is insane. Now I don’t feel that unlucky… but still…

I’m at:

A couple of days ago I thought: “maybe something is not running well on my node”. But after checking the logs, nothing. All good :frowning:

Hi, i’ve just got my first coin, so very excited about that, but is there a way to check through the log file which plot ( or directory of plots) that won. Here’s reason: I started with one machine, generated about 40 plots, after that, i got another PC, which was stronger and i move all of my plots to this one, since then, my first PC just generate plots and put them directely on the second one and farming on it, the problem is that i run both with full node, now i got 100 plots more but dont know if these plots are good or not. That’s why i would like to find which plot won the prize to make sure if two machines at the moment work or not. Thank you.

Well, 19 days later, and at about 235 plots, I got another chia reward finally last night! Nice validating surprise to wake up to, and to finally truly know that there’s nothing odd going on with my farming.

Hang in there everyone!

8 Likes

Nope. There’s no way of knowing which plot won yet.

You can “check” them using the chia plots check command.

1 Like

thank you i’ll try, but one question, once the plot won, it’ll disappear or just stay and continue to farm?

It won’t disappear unless you manually delete it :wink:

There’s nothing preventing it from winning again so it’s best to keep it.

462 plots now & accelerating… Have gotten to 5 days expected win time, then back to 6, then 5, then 6 again. No wins yet.

2 Likes

i did the check on power shell, and everything seems okay to me, no warning, no error, just info, and the ratio is about 1.0 ( some get lower but some get higher) , so i have nothing to worry, right?

1 Like

![image|690x388](upload://wnkEjennsmtBPVZ66mcq52DY2TZ.jpeg)

我看起来是不是比较幸运?

Am I looking lucky?

Why is your “Last Height Farmed” at 0? That seems wrong.

The “Last Height Farmed” will be 0 when you haven’t earned any XCH.

1 Like

I’m starting to feel unlucky. I’m up to 404 plots and it’s been 11 days since I won a block. I only really have room for 387 plots, so I’m squeezing them anywhere they’ll fit. Watching the net space rocket to the moon while I’m on a cold streak is excruciating. Lol.

I’m farming on just the 1 full node the last couple of days, on a new dedicated farmer (no more GUI screenshots since it’s running ubuntu server), and manually transferring plots to it with external drives, so a bit of a delay in farming my actual number of plots. Hoping my luck changes soon:

Screenshot from 2021-04-30 14-22-41

Would you mind telling me why the “above 1” is good? Particularly I am still learning.

That is just finding lines in the log file where at least 1 plot passed the plot check filter, since if 0 plots passed the filter, it doesn’t really have to do any (or as much?) reads on the passed plots in an attempt to find a proof.

It’s generally why if there are timing issues (either due to disk io or network issues), “0 plots were eligible for farming” lines will still have times fairly quick (< 1 second) and only lines where at least 1 plot passed the filter will have longer times.

Are you checking your logs? I would be concerned about setup.

Thanks for stepping in Andrew.

I might add:
When I run chia plots check the command will try 1) check if the plot is fine, 2) to find proof matches in a default number of 30 challenges .
ex: Proofs 41 / 30, 1.3667
This indicates that in 30 challenges, it found 41 proofs so it’s a good plot.

If it’s ex: Proofs 18 / 30, 0.6
Then this plot has less chances of getting the jackpot.
Of course we are talking about 0.0000…% probabilities here so I wouldn’t worry too much until you have all your storage full.
After that, you might want to review those low ratio plots and replace them with better ones if you want. At least that is my plan.

Feel free to correct me if I got this wrong.
Cheers!

2 Likes