Locating my postings

Does this site support listing your own postings?

I wanted to go back to a reply that I wrote, and could not find a “history” of my postings. I know that I could search for the subject, etc, but I could not remember those details.

Is there a history feature that I am overlooking, or a “Your Postings” button somewhere?

Click your profile pic in upper right then…

1 Like

Ah!
Thank you.

(This sentence is because I got a message that my post must have a minimum of 20 characters)

1 Like

Well, instead of typing “thank you”, you can press the :+1: button on the post… saves everyone including yourself a bit of time, doesn’t it? :wink:

1 Like

I come from an upbringing where it is a sign of respect and appreciation to not thank someone via a shortcut, in favor of them seeing that you took the time to give them a non-abbreviated thank you. It comes across as genuine and sincere, because it is genuine and sincere.

It is the difference between getting a Hallmark birthday card from someone, vs a custom drawn, hand-made birthday card. The latter is more flattering.

Today’s on-line, acronym obsessed, shortcut addicted world has lost the meaning of going the extra mile, in favor of saving a few keystrokes.

Yes, a thumb’s up conveys the same meaning, while at the same time it does not.

Smileys and thumb’s up buttons have their place, and I use them as I deem appropriate for the situation.

But I believe that a “Thank you” should be spelled out.
:ghost:

Sure! So you have options, if you have more to say.

But not many people want to read filler such as “I am typing 20 characters because I was made to”; those are of limited value. I think you’ll agree that doesn’t add much to the world.

I was amused with my:
(This sentence is because I got a message that my post must have a minimum of 20 characters)

I got a thumb’s up from the user.

He liked it. But your point is taken, as others might have preferred to not go back and read the message.
:no_mouth:

1 Like