[Mad Max Plotter] Location of plotting logs

Hi,

does anyone know where the Mad Max plotter stores its logs under Ubuntu? I can’t find a corresponding log file neither in the home directory, nor in the chia_plotter directory, nor in /var/log. I would be interested in a log parser[1], but would have to specify the directory of the logfiles. But in principle a simple logfile would be enough for me.

[1] https://github.com/Pengor/chia-log-analysis

Thanks in advance & Bye CD

I didn’t think it had any logs except for what is presented in the command line window while running. A quick look at the github page shows no mention of logs.

I didn’t think it had any logs except for what is presented in the command line window while running. A quick look at the github page shows no mention of logs.

Yup, unfortunately that’s all I found. The problem is that I run 10 plots in a row and move the window with screen to the background. When I bring the window back, I only see what fits in the console window. I guess Screen can be configured to scroll the window but I wanted to avoid that because I access the host (Linux) via SSH from Mac and there the key combinations for scrolling might be different. I have not tried this yet though. I just thought it is easier to parse a logfile with grep to see the total runtime of each plot, for example.

Thx & Bye CD

When running commands in a linux console, you should be able to tee the results to a file. To do this, just add the following to the end of the command

| tee logfilename.file

I haven’t tried this with the madmax command. But it should work. Let us know.

| tee logfilename.file

I rty this tommorow when I start a new job. I report if it works.

Bye CD

I had the same issue and what I did was to use Swar Plot Manager with madmax (backend: madmax). The plotting times are roughly the same.
cheers