Madmax 0.16 with chia 1.3.3 Win 10

Hi guys,

i did not plot for a long time so i just started again and i am struggeling with the command line for K34 plots with madmax

I tried this with logfile but get an error : invalid k option: 34

@ECHO OFF
SET hr=%time:~0,2%
IF “%hr:~0,1%” equ " " set hr=0%hr:~1,1%
SET DATETIME=Log_%date:~-4,4%%date:~-10,2%%date:~-7,2%_%hr%%time:~3,2%%time:~6,2%
SET LOG_FILE=logs/%DATETIME%.log
IF NOT EXIST logs MKDIR logs
powershell “.\chia_plot.exe -n 5 -r 8 -u 256 -k 34 -t F:\Chiaplot\ -d H:\Chiaplot\ -p key… -f key… -K 2 | tee ‘%LOG_FILE%’”
PAUSE

That’s the same mm version I use.
Iirc k34 plots were not doable with mm when it was released.
Maybe you need a newer version.
Just looking now.

in chia gui is a version 1.1.6 but its very slow this k34 plots must be going in around 3 hours +/-

Yes, the gui included mm plotter is slow.
OK, so that release should be fine, I’ve only ever done k32, but should be as simple as changing the k value.

I really dont understand much of your commands, seems very complex next to mine.

I take it you cd into the correct place in powershell before running that command?

i just started a print but not k34 it was named k32 and i aborted it, i need to know how i can start it with K34
-k 34 as command produces an error

Tutorial here if it’s any help.

Here’s the commands I use, simpler than yours, you’d need to add the k parameter though as this will just default to k32 otherwise.

cd C:\Users\Moi\Desktop\madMAx43v3r_chia-plotter_win_v0.1.6-chives

.\chia_plot -n -1 -t “D:” -d “E:” -c “” -f “” -r 16

this video is good but where the hell did he get the chia.exe k34 from this is not part of the zip file with 651KB. This file does only contain chia.exe

He created thise files so he didn’t have to play with the command ine each time.

so you mean rename the chia_plot.exe in chia_plot_K34.exe ? what is changing then?

No, I don’t mean that at all.
They are just files with the commands pre adapted to different k sizes.

As I said, I dont understand why you have so many commands.

Open powershell, cd to the correct place where you put mm as in my example, then run that line I provided, adding in the k parameter.
You’ll need to also change -r -f -c
Other than recommending trying that I really can’t help here.

Why do you have 2 different k flags in your command?
You have

And

Usage:
  chia_plot [OPTION...]

-k, --size arg       K size (default = 32, k <= 32)
  -x, --port arg       Network port (default = 8444, chives = 9699)
  -n, --count arg      Number of plots to create (default = 1, -1 = infinite)
  -r, --threads arg    Number of threads (default = 4)
  -u, --buckets arg    Number of buckets (default = 256)
  -v, --buckets3 arg   Number of buckets for phase 3+4 (default = buckets)
  -t, --tmpdir arg     Temporary directory, needs ~220 GiB (default = $PWD)
  -2, --tmpdir2 arg    Temporary directory 2, needs ~110 GiB [RAM] (default = <tmpdir>)
  -d, --finaldir arg   Final directory to copy plot in parallel (default = <tmpdir>)
  -s, --stagedir arg   Stage directory to write plot file (default = <tmpdir>)
  -w, --waitforcopy    Wait for copy to start next plot
  -p, --poolkey arg    Pool Public Key (48 bytes)
  -c, --contract arg   Pool Contract Address (62 chars)
  -f, --farmerkey arg  Farmer Public Key (48 bytes)
  -G, --tmptoggle      Alternate tmpdir/tmpdir2 (default = false)
  -D, --directout      Create plot directly in finaldir (default = false)
  -K, --rmulti2 arg    Thread multiplier for P2 (default = 1)
      --help           Print help

Ah OK, should be there, that just stood out as odd to me.

Ive helped others who have used my instructions and made k 34.

Maybe try what I suggested, or wait for someone else to chime in.

Good luck

I have been creating K34 plots with madmax, which came with Chia 1.2.11.

In the madmax directory, there are two executable files.

1. chia_plot.exe
  2. chia_plot_k34.exe

I never ran #1. But I suspect that it will not create K34 plots. My rational is that if #1 would create K34 plots, then what would be the purpose of #2?

#2, I am guessing, is K34 specific.

I run it using the “-k 34” option. I have no idea if that is needed. I never ran #2 without the “-k 34” option.

In summary, I suspect that you are using the wrong .exe file.

By the way, I have also used #2 to create a few K33 plots, to fill in space where another K34 plot would not fit. So I suspect that #1 is good only for K32 plots, and #2 is good for K33 and K34 plots.

1 Like

did I miss something. why on gods green earth are people plotting more than k32 right now… what a waist of space/time…
say u have 2 k32 will have a higher probability to win than just 1 k33 or 1 k34 plot…
so why would u not wit as long as possible before switching because those plots use more space

its not like k33 are winning more blocks or something…

people should be waiting to replot their hard drives {in 10 yers} not doing it now… as it will directly reduce the amount of plots your can hold in total

2 x as likely to win as k32, double the size, double the proofs.

reallllllllllly says where?

My understanding is the there are two stages to get to a win.

Stage 1 gives you a 1 in 255 (or something like that) chance of a plot passing the filter. So the more plots you have, then the more plots pass the filter. Only plots that pass the filter move on to stage 2.

Stage 2 runs some type of proof. Whoever has the best proof wins the XCH.

So far, it seems like K32 would give you the best bang for the buck, because way more K32 plots could qualify for stage 1, given a the same finite amount of disk storage for all of your plots.

But each plot, as best I understand Chia, contains multiple sets of data within. So whichever part within a plot has the best proof will win.

This means that larger plots (K33 and K34) have 2x or 4x the chance of finding a better proof within their file.

So although roughly ½ the amount of K33 plots will pass stage 1, compared to K32 plots that will pass stage 1…
…the K33 plots that do pass the stage 1 filter will have 2x the chance to win when it goes up against a K32 plot that passed the stage 1 filter.

So it all kind of equals out. With K33 plots and K34 plots, you get ½ or ¼ the number of plots that pass the stage 1 filter. But the ones that do pass have 2x or 4x the chance of winning vs the K32 plots that pass the filter.

This begs the question as to why bother with the larger plots when they do not really offer better odds of winning?

From where did you get 10 years?

When the day comes that K32 plots get phased out and will one day no longer be supported by Chia, then it will be a mad rush to re-plot.

If you have hundreds of TBs of plots, you will have possibly months of re-plotting to do. I am doing it now.

1 Like