Madmax 0.16 with chia 1.3.3 Win 10

Lol, research it, common knowledge.

than why has anyone ben plotting anything other than k34
the space to win / probability of winning 1 vs 2

They are twice the size, so per tb, k size is unimportant on win rate.
Some just think they’re future proofing is all so do it.

why even have k32… to have more plots

this is wild. I need to research more.

thanks all

It’s not about the number of plots.
Only the total size of all your plots together matters.

K32 is easier/faster to plot so most people use that.

MAYBE a long time from now K32 will become obsolete so some people want to make the bigger plots from the start.
BUT there is no guarantee that the new minimum value will be K33 or K34.

They have mentioned two things. First is that they will give plenty of time to replot, so no one needs to worry (maybe except that one 7EB farm, but I still don’t know how that farm plotted that much that fast :slight_smile: The second is that they will consider lowering the filter, and if they do that, there is no need to skip several k values.

Also, as long as chia ASICS are not feasible, it will be some time before such change will need to happen.

can you please help with my topic and discuss this in a separate :slight_smile:

My problem is that there is only one chia_plot.exe in the madmax v0.16 file and not the K34.exe file that i need for plotting k34

1 Like

so i found the k34.exe in the chiafolder under madmax and copied it to the directory where the V0.1.6 .cmd files are located and just started a first plot with this K34.exe
so for me i found the K34.exe under:

C:\Users\your username\AppData\Local\chia-blockchain\app-1.3.3\resources\app.asar.unpacked\daemon\madmax

i dont know so far if it works but it started without complaining any missing data
so for me the video helped me but he forgot to explain to copy the k34.exe to that directory so every user who follows this advise will struggle then.

so if you want to do k34 plots then use for example and add your public farmer and pool key :
powershell ".\chia_plot_k34.exe -k 34 -n 1 -r 8 -u 256 -t F:\ChiaMadmax\ -d J:\Chia18TB_MF_04_2022
with v.0.1.6 as described in the video
if you are in a pool you have to add your contract key also with : -c

so first P1 Table is generated and i think it will be working now thanks for the video and your work. Its always good when people help each other with their problems

1 Like

I have not seen a specific time window. I have not seen “You will have 12 months to re-plot” or anything similar. Just people guessing.

“plenty of time” could mean anything, and means something different to everyone.

There’s time to re-plot now, so why not?
And for new drives, we might as well plot the largest K-size that our plotters can manage.

There is really no down side, and there is the potential of avoiding “plenty of time” ending up not being enough for some of us. And who knows if you will be able to dedicate the time to deal with this down the road. If you can do it now, you might as well.

Usually Internet is your friend, and you can search for better answers than “people guessing”

Third paragraph in this article written ear;y last year by Gene Hoffman starts with:

You really never need to plot a plot with a k size larger than 32. Those who do plot larger are either doing them to show off (and we encourage this for fun) or to optimally fill the open space on a specific drive.

Also, the eventual need to tighten up lookups depends on H/W progress, and this doesn’t really jump by much overnight, so it is really predictable. Also, there are two ways to address H/W advances: 1. switch to higher k value plots, 2. tighten filter. So, even assuming that there would be some magic, and some super plotter would show up, it will be made worthless by changing the filter value the same day.

I also recall reading the official page that they will give 12-24 months lead time when it will be needed, so folks will have “plenty” of time to replot.

So, this is how I see “plenty of time”

On the other hand, I would love to see k36 enforced tomorrow, as the net space would drop (whales would be SOLed, BB would be worthless), where folks like you and I could start churning one plot at a timie :slight_smile:

UPDATE:
You have seen this article already, so check again the last two paragraphs in that “Short range replotting attack” section.

Actually, there is another aspect to wait. The latest ARM based Macs are delivering about the same processing power as Intel / AMD CPUs, but potentially at 1/4 energy consumption. So, maybe in a couple of years we will not so much plot faster, but much more energy efficiently. So, if Chia represents “green” part of crypto, this is a good reason to wait (at least for me).

1 Like