Maxiopool is making the transition into Full-Pay-Per-Share payout scheme (FPPS) this Thursday

Why would it take 24 hrs to restore share? I went offline from pool.space recently and didn’t notice for at least 6hrs, but I was back to the same difficulty and share within an hour of restoring connectivity - also, I got rewards when the pool won blocks even though I was offline during that time, which I wouldn’t have got with PPS.

I can see the usefulness of PPS, but isn’t it more for when the pool isn’t naturally winning blocks?

Both have pros and cons. It is difficulty to measure how much you have actually missed out during the offline and restoring period as the number of blocks won during that time window is not a constant. Also, the implementation of PPLNS is different from pools to pools, spacepool uses last 600k partials, whereas xch pool uses 24 hours rolling avg, making the measurement even harder. FPPS is not only better than pools that are not winning blocks consistently, but it also gives farmers a flat payment rate, easier to caluclate the ROI, especially useful for people that have invested a lot in Chia.

Global netspace never stops changing, so is your share in the entire network. Assuming your total farm size is a constant, for every 1 % increase in global netspace you are going to lose 1% of profit, unless you grow your farm by the same percentage. We evaluate the netspace every few minutes in order to pick up the changes in the netspace quickly.

That’s something I’m not clear on - is it really not auditable? What does a pool operator see that a third party doesn’t? I’m honestly asking, as I don’t know. As I understand it, joining a pool is part of the blockchain, visible to everyone (if it weren’t, there would be nothing to prevent someone from putting the same plots in multiple pools). How about pool points (the partial proofs that can be used to estimate the size of your plots)? Are they visible throughout the chia network or are they only sent to your pool? What can’t I see that would prevent me from auditing my pool operator?

You should be able to get an estimation by viewing sources outside the pool.

The pool sees the partials and accepted shares, so it alone can determine how the pool rewards are divided. In PPLNS you should be able to estimate if you are receiving close to your proper rewards based on your share info in the GUI combined with the pool’s Netspace and your percentage of it, but you can’t see unaccepted shares of other farmers, which only the pool sees. It really is a lot of estimating.

Official pools don’t control any plots and all NFT plots are unique so they can’t be double farmed. This is why it’s so important to use the official pooling NFTs over pools like hpool where double farming can happen, and you’re giving them your plots, keys, and basically the entire account.

In the FPPS system that maxiopool has moved to it takes the guessing out. You can see your valid shares and know what the value is for those shares. I personally love that it also means you are no longer fighting farmers on the pool for rewards. At least not any more than you would be solo farming.

1 Like

I found the answer in the pool-reference documentation, which confirms what you’ve been saying:

These [partial] proofs, however, are not sent to the full node to create a block. They are instead only sent to the pool. This means that the other full nodes in the network do not have to see and validate everyone else’s proofs…

It also means you can’t fully audit your pool. Oh well. This isn’t more than a casual hobby for me anyway.

1 Like

MaxioPool dashboard is showing 1.4TB less that what I have plotted for the pool. Is there any way to check why it is not included?

Look at MAXI…I have been with them since day one and have been very please with their support and I believe you would get paid more with Maxi. Chk out the algorithm as you get paid, block or no block.

The number that you see on the pool side is just an estimate. It doesn’t really matter anyway because what you get paid on is the number of points you’re generating. If that looks right then it’s good.

My estimated size on space pool will vary up or down by 20%, but I’m getting the right number of points.

Hi mumtazali, sure, we can look at your issue. Please join our Discord for help or just msg me your launcher id. Thanks.

Nothing to worry about, space estimates go up and down all the time even if your plots aren’t changing. I just checked the pool I’m in (not maxiopool) and their estimate for my space is currently 15% bigger than the real number. It’s been below the real size just as often.

1 Like

How do i find out the number of points are accurate or not.

Each K32 will get 10 points per day. 100 K32 = 1,000 points per day. Your farm can overperforming or underperforming by 10% and thats completely normal.

If you receive signficiantly less points, it usually indicates an issue with your set up - but can be something as simple as windows update, restart etc.

1 Like