Myth BuSters - Compressed C8 vs official plots profitability/wattage study (FlexPool)

Define rig. Farmer + HDDs together?

Rewards per plot depend only on netspace / difficulty, there should be no difference between a regular and compressed plot.

My friend you made a measurement over 16h and claim to have found the ultimate truth?

I’m out.

2 Likes

Of course, everything together. Do you have some special tech that runs just HDDs itself, and they earn money? It is plain stupidity, just to calculate only what fits to your dream.

I take everything that is needed to run the farm.

Theory about netspace doesn’t bother me. As stated in original posts, I take long-term rewards paid by pool.

Your theory is based on an increased number of plots per HDD while ignoring the GPU wattage. If you have free energy, ok then.

1 Like

if you cannot read, do not blame me :wink: your mind is clouded by anger, and you refuse to see. This is the way.

Rewards may jump to 4XCH long-term…still, it is not the +47.2% ROFL It is still lower than official plots. I highly doubt rewards will jump to 6 XCH per month from the current estimate 3.85 XCH/month.

indeed, I will follow your lead and make this happen as well

1 Like

It is with some bemuzent I look at the conversation above.

I am one of those trying to “avoid brain muscle atrophy” (retired IT and Electrial Engineer)

If you want to “YOU CAN BE RIGHT OR DO IT RIGHT…THIS IS THE WAY” you need to consider your modeling further.

I am farming with a similar size farm 1 PiB

Yes there is a claim of up to 47.2% boost in income, the operative words are “income” and “upto”
As you are no doubt aware profit = income - expences and yes using gigahorse plots increases expences but there is an increase in income.
The reward per plot is the same. The secret sauce is that you have more plots.

1. It would be better to use data from Daily Chia (XCH) Farming Reward per TiB Chart | XCHscan than using flexpool rewards as a data source for your calculations, it should provide a better simulation.

2. You can compare say 100 C8 plots to 100 standard plots to get a real ratio to use in your calulations.

3 The gigahorse reward per TiB will be more standard plots and could be calculated as C8 Daily XCH per Tib = (c8 plots/standard plots ) * Daily XCH per TiB * ((100-3.25)/100 )

Hovever as finding a reward and application of the dev fee are both based on statistical probabilities there will be short term (6 months to 1 year) varainces.

Your assumption that every 5 seconds, there is unusual disk access noise indicates that there local issues in your farm. I have seen that behaviour some time ago on Chia OG plots but not on Gigahorse plots. This being the case should not be used in your anaylis.

Your power calculations are also hard to understand

If you have 380 v @ 25A = 38025 = 9500 W = 9KW or 924 228 KWhr per day.

Here in Australia it is 240V @ 63A = 15120 W = 15.120KW or 362KWhr per day.

Plenty of room for a toaster and a TV.

“One does not speak unless one knows.” Mando :wink:

1 Like

Up to is typical marketing hype, meaning between 0 and up to XX ROFL

Sadly, it is not a simulation nor modelling, but the reality :wink: Of course, it needs a half year or more for a more accurate reward profile. Or at least a month to see what you got paid. Why use theoretical rewards calculations? Even after one month, you can guesstimate your rewards with +/-10% accuracy.

There was, of course, also whining about excessive fees for Gigahorse use. Angry mob of guys claiming they were hit by 4 x 0.25XCH fee in less than a month. How about that statistically :wink:

I like Max for his extraordinary tech, but I am waiting for the official release to support the genius/visionary behind the idea, as usually 8I have already invented some stuff, and there are always parasites to “help” you). There is already whining about parasitic organisms in our Chia network. We moved to crypto as an escape from Matrix…just to face the same crap in blockchain (unless the problem changes, problem always migrate)

I see profitability drop since we started. Farming difficulty was/is a common argument.

400TiB plots still get paid +/- same, it won’t suddenly jump +40% after a half year of farming. It will be only decreasing due to difficulty. Imagine halving…does Chia price double? Or suddenly 3/4 of farmers won’t be profitable? Good for me, I will still be in the game.

I used to hit 6-8 blocks per month on space.pool last year. Extra 1.25-2XCH. Nowadays, nothing or if lucky, 1 block in two months. I moved to solo, and so far, earn more than pooling.

Official Chia plotting is real data set from last two years. It won’t be more accurate.

It is not an assumption…it tears up my ear drums when I sit next to FlexFarmer C8 rig :smiley: I can sleep next to official Chia rig. As someone mentioned earlier, I am not alone. Max says there are no issues with Gigahorse so it is something with FlexFarmer.

Be happy you guys have 240V @ 63A. In my birth country, free of charge is 380V @ 25A…Then you must pay extra in household. No idea whether whole Europe, but the four countries I lived in have hard cap 230 @ 10A x two circuits in every flat/house. Anything you buy in Europe has got a limit 2300W or 230V @ 10A.

I get 6.25Wh per HDD with official, 11.3Wh with MMX. What is hard to understand about power consumption :wink:

If you have free energy, then you may have claimed +47.2% more rewards.

It seems to me that Max or whoever started that misinformation - simply divided 68.1GiB (C9) and 101.3GiB official = 48.8% more plots = more profit, right?

As someone already said “Crypto kids are bright, but they have no idea about finance nor economy”

PROFIT = INCOME/EARNINGS - COSTS

If one checks every forum…PROFIT = INCOME. It goes as far as smart guys investing 30k to solar panels and getting “free” energy. It looks like they teach in schools nowadays 1+1 = 3. And Chuck Norris is not any more, the only guy who can divide by 0 !!!

1 Like

Only around 5% of farmers are, so it seems like this is a long time away. The 5% who put in the work will reap great rewards from the suckers who did nothing. Flexpool probably has more compressed plot farmers than any other NFT pool because we posted it in our announcements and encouraged our farmers to go make extra money. Using the default software is not what miners/farmers do, we use the best software. BTC, ETH, Monero, and basically every network out there the core developers focus on the chain not the mining/farming. Chia farmers have distracted the core developers from the real work that will make XCH successful by insisting they continue to provide support. Gigahorse users get the best of both worlds, it is privately done so it takes up 0 of the core developers time to maintain/update, and it pays farmers more. Farmers using the default software who expect the core developers to spend time on them are the ones harming the network. (note this is my personal opinion not a pool policy or anything, I’m allowed to have my own thoughts).

There was, of course, also whining about excessive fees for Gigahorse use. Angry mob of guys claiming they were hit by 4 x 0.25XCH fee in less than a month. How about that statistically :wink:

Then use FlexFarmer Gigahorse which has a flat % fee.

I like Max for his extraordinary tech, but I am waiting for the official release to support the genius/visionary behind the idea, as usually 8I have already invented some stuff, and there are always parasites to “help” you). There is already whining about parasitic organisms in our Chia network. We moved to crypto as an escape from Matrix…just to face the same crap in blockchain (unless the problem changes, problem always migrate)

Chia has stated multiple times that they aren’t here to compete with their own community. They want people to move off their wallet and other software, the people using the default stuff they release and demanding they keep up with the private market are the parasitic organisms. They create an open source base for people to build off of, not an open source base to kill all outside ingenuity. The official policy is that farmers should think for themselves and not expect the core developers to do more than the basics. Bladebit will likely never be the equal to Gigahorse, it’s just meant to provide a base that can be used as an alternative not a more profitable competitor.

3 Likes

it was exactly about Gigahorse issue :wink:

As is clearly written on Max’s website

When you find a block there’s a chance the 0.25 XCH farmer reward is used as fee, this is a random process. In case of CPU farming it’s 1 out of 8 blocks on average, and for GPU farming it’s 1 out of 4 blocks on average.

Those poor guys got hit like 1:1 instead of 1:4…in this random process :smiley:

Argument about “parasites” in Chia network is “what is it for me as a node operator when someone uses the network for profit at expenses of farmers.” That is how ETH died when Vitalik decided to screw up miners in woke ESG crap…first reducing profits, cutting fee rewards, and finally running Ponzi 2.0 or ePonzi 1.0

So far Chia is free to use, perhaps one day mandatory fees will be implemented.

You clearly misunderstood Chia’s goals. Red flags, and key words “business, goverments, WEF, World Bank.” My guess is they release IPO, Wall Street wolfs jump in…Chia dies ROFL

Don’t you think that is like what USAEU doing right now with “embargos” towards evil commies?

If you wanna destroy yourself, it is perfect strategy to kill the spine of network. What is left there if you spend 99% of time on marketing, making friends…while the core dies?

Only cosy memories remain about once great project.

What you’re basically saying, you want farmers to take care of themselves…code their own stuff based on basic concept. Hope for XCH to be profitable.

I am with Open Source for 40+ years, and one of the thing about Open Source was take the source, modify it, share the source.

I see proprietary code, running on Open Source Chia.

The ‘suckers who did nothing’ are not the ones risking long term profitability by turning Chia into a pseudo PoW blockchain.

Hellman attacks were in the Chia whitepaper. So your basically saying 95% of people didn’t read the Chia whitepaper and don’t understand what it is. I would say that’s untrue, more like 99.9% didn’t read the whitepaper.

NoSSD read the whitepaper and did the math, they started this, Max provided a lower fee better alternative that isn’t suspicious, and we allowed you to do so using the open source node. Chia didn’t change into anything it just entered the next phase in the whitepaper’s plan. Chia Network hasn’t had to do anything and the private solution has already become more transparent/lower fee by itself. The free market works!

If you mean Russia we’re a lot more communist than Russia these days. I don’t think it’s about communism anymore now that we’d all look like evil commies to the 1950’s. Safe injection sites? Free drugs? Sanctuary cities? $1.2 million per African-American for slavery reparations a century later from a state where slavery was illegal? Unlimited spending and massive debt? Waiving loans for those suffering poor making less than $125k a year? Whose the real communist these days.

The free market is making our planet uninhabitable :fire: :skull_and_crossbones: :clown_face: :roll_eyes:

1 Like

BTC mining probably uses a lot less power than Netflix. You drinking your daily coffee does a whole lot more damage to our planet than my farming/mining. Or smoking weed. Hippies overall are a lot worse for the environment than your average person. Regular people pay taxes that go into environmental programs, unemployed hippies do damage but give nothing towards helping.

How abour a c7 comparisson?

I dont believe c8 was recommended for those with higher elec prices.

Maybe thats why your math seems to confirm it.

2 Likes

This should remedy any uncertainty about whether you talk shit.

because you are fed bullshit. I was born in Russian colony…3/4 of western propaganda is pure bullshit :wink: You are in totality/dictatorship/assimilation…it has nothing to do with communism, and never has. Anyway, that is off topic. And that is what you people wanted :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

it is more about size, not compression. I have started with C4 just for CPU experiment. I am guessing, 3PiB may be more profitable. You have to split computing overhead

most importantly banking sector itself uses more energy than BTC mining they try to discredit. Prepare for move to DarkNet…that will be time when crypto world starts to thrive.