Need Help- 5950x - 128Gb RAM - 2xMP600 Raid0 = 4TB for Temp

I’m new here. This is the specs for my PC.
Spec:
CPU: Ryzen 9 5950x
Mobo: Aorus Master x570
RAM: 128GB G.Skill 3600Mhz 4x32GB = 128GB
Windows 10 Pro

Temp Drives - 2x Corsair MP600 2TB each on Raid0 = 4TB total
Storage - Several 14TB WD easystorage

I have been running tests for the last couple days to see what works better but reading some of the post here looks like I’m not using all the rig potential. I’m maxing at 2.4Tb/day by doing 2 plots in parallel every 2 hours. I’m using 6 Threads - 7078 Ram per plot.
Can you please help get more out of this build?

Post more info about your computer: CPU, drives, RAM

Just edited my original post with all the specs.

Spec:
CPU: Ryzen 9 5950x
Mobo: Aorus Master x570
RAM: 128GB G.Skill 3600Mhz 4x32GB = 128GB
Windows 10 Pro

Temp Drives - 2x Corsair MP600 2TB each on Raid0 = 4TB total
Storage - Several 14TB WD easystorage

1 Like

Although the MP600 isn’t great, you should be able to get more out of that. I don’t have much advice tuning for Windows though, what kind of RAID0 are you using in this case?

Try breaking it up and running them as individual drives and then 2 plots in parallel per drive staggered at least 1 major phase apart. Hopefully they will have enough room to breathe not to hit rock bottom steady state performance (which Chia will do easily), those drives are not fast when that happens.

Also make sure you are not writing to that USB drive with more then 1 offload at a time.

And if you really want performance, make the system Linux. Won’t help with the slow NVMe drives but should still run much better.

can you refer me to what you recommend for the temp drive? I’m using RAID0 on those two. The speed after that change went to Read 9831mb/s and Write 8167mb/s.
I’m planning on getting 8tb on temp drives more. Which one will you recommend for this build?

Get something with good/great steady state performance, so the performance it keeps after writing through the SLC cache. Samsung 970 Pro is a champ for that, 980 Pro is good too.

I was able to secure a Intel P5510 7.6TB today, any suggestion on plotting schedule?

I have a similiar H/W config. Would u mind sharing your config or parameters that u used for plotting.

I have tried plotman / plotman.yaml (slower than) , Chia-Blockchain GUI .

Thanks in advance.

Why are you only plotting 2 in parallel? Double or triple that and you should crank out at least another Tb daily.

I’m similar, 5950x, 64gb but with 1x4tb gen3 (mp510). I’ve tested running ques in pairs,/trio/quad and it just overloads the nvme in phase 3 every time. Running 2 sided by side, 6 plots gave me a steady 2 plots/2hrs, trios were 3.5hrs (max que 12) and quads higher. Away to try just running 12 with 45min stagger and see if i can drop below 1hr per plot. Looking to change to 2x gen4 2tb so i can put phase 3+ onto the 2nd temp drive.

You should be getting a bit more than a plot/hr though as MP600 is quite a bit faster than MP510.