Netspace Plateauing?

there was no drop in ammount it just stoped rising for litle time, but if 20000 miners was droped, it shold be very big drop

It’s only assumption. It can affect not only netspace, but growing speed as well.

I would short-sell btc today @41,980/-
Look for same-day cover @ 37,650/-
48 hour cover @34,500/-
(with appropriately proportioned stop-loss es in place)

Let’s see if we see these figures lol :stuck_out_tongue:

My two cents:

Netspace has been growing pretty much linear now for more than a week +/- 500 TiB/day.
So that seems to be the current plotting power.
To see an significant increase in growth at this point I would think something big would need to happen. Like some big parties joining in, datacenter type things or a steep increase in price.

Otherwise I expect(hope) that the growth will slow down as current plotters start to run out of disk space and hdd’s being hard to find and expensive.

Pool coming online might see some new people joining but that is still at least two weeks a way and will also see a lot of ppl replotting.

Short-sell price struck - let’s see if the speculation follow s through

Looks like you are eyeing that descending TL from 58K ? I reckon we break that, get rejected one step higher, move to retest the TL lower then bounce up

I’d say an optimistic view is that it goes up to just short of 45k, dips to 41k then tries to move up

Same 48h timescale - the big unknown being the low liquidity weekend

But what do we know - we don’t play the tune … lol

Probably another death plunge either over the weekend or early next week but hopefully halting nearer 38-39k - Weekends are difficult to predict because smaller leveraged players get to play the tune so weekend dip might go lower to 36-37k

Saying that - this isn’t the place lol

1 Like

Price has been struggly jittery in the 41-42k zone, slide coming up - next up 36,600 I think…
Of course the core rationale being overblown leverage, lack of corresponding liquidity to sustain the ill-proportioned, s u d d e n, growth - elements of a bubble - it’s popped!

In the near future, people re-plotting their farms for pools is temporarily going to look like leveling off. Don’t be fooled.

1 Like

Yea, I don’t see them delivering the pooling protocol - they will instead deliver us in the hands of HPool! What if they postpone the 30th May deadline, you guys go ahead and join HPool?

Not rly, to join hpool You also need to replot everything - I ’ ll just check my luck and see what I got - to be honest, there is not much to lose now.

I don’t believe that’s a “deadline”, just like 17 May wasn’t either. They are just estimations.

At this point, if Chia Network were serious, with pressure or 4-5mn TBs waiting to get plotted, it should be considered a deadline…

Well anything can be delayed.

But for the may 17th date, Bram said “hopefully”

This time I think they are saying “definitely” before the end of may

We’ll see but I have have good hope they will bring out the pooling protocol by the end of the month

1 Like

That is just for “pool plotting” - we will still be solo farming until actual pool software is delivered. If it can’t be jammed into existing pool software easily then an actual pool might be weeks after

Even then, pools will be no better than solo mining until people swings a 1-2PB over - enough to get 1 reward a day on average, otherwise people will not perceive any real difference - that will take maybe half to a week before its worth swinging over and risking bugs etc - ill be cosying up to a pool to check progress and look at the procedures as soon as we get pool plotting up and running

Ill certain be happy to swing a few days “pool plotting” over ASAP - but not everything until it proves itself

Storage jm was guessing that net growth would slow down around 6-8 EB based how many large capacity drives are available to the consumer market. This assumption might not factor in larger companies building farming capacity both in the US and China though

Struck my cover price (48 hour low touched) - the speculation holds - coming week we should see 29k BTC…apples to apples we take 60k a high point for BTC and 1600 for XCH - as BTC approaches 6000, XCH should realistically arrive at 160 - scary part is that it’s off the cliff now… Will happen very very soon…this just might be the event that turns this recession into a depression - and nobody is bailing anybody out this time…time for devs to pump out more XCH or they can collect their flags from the electronic ether-space, wont be there on the hard drives…

If Tesla is holding onto BTC as a reserve, they technically took a billion dollar hit with position to take more… TP 325? Short that sucker?

Yeaa I see it now, they will announce a stop-loss dump on the BTC, they just have to…BTC is going through the floor, probably what happened to crude during 2020 COVID summer…good news for gamers, they will finally release our graphics card from all that slavery Yay :slight_smile: !!!

4 Likes

As it happens, After 7EiB, it sped up from growing 500 to 800 PiB/day :sweat_smile:
And when I wake up tomorrow, it’s going to be passed 10 EiB …

proxy-image

1 Like

Approaching 10. I think it will slow down in the next month or so, but I don’t think it will go backwards in the next week.

1 Like

We hit 9EiB yesterday, and the way today is going, I suspect we will hit 10 EiB looking at the charts Chia blockchain network space chart (chiaexplorer.com)

Dude, a week to the end of the month man… Tomorrow Tesla should announce stop-loss dump on BTC, that will be game changing…