New pool protocol

Please keep in mind, there is no ‘Official’ Chia pool. However, Bram has made remarks in the past that he may suggest a pool or two, but there will never be a formal endorsement. There are pool operators out there right now hopefully getting their security tight, fairness in play for all, and over-communicative with the community. We are now in the next phase of Chia growing up. After this, major listings on exchanges and then the IPO. It is going to be an awesome five months for Chia, the company :slight_smile:

Could come Tuesday, but everything has to run perfectly from the operators and I don’t see that the first go around. I see an issue or two pop up, the Dev team resolves, re-test and we get a drop the week of the 12th, perhaps over the weekend. IMHO. Its exciting to know it is real close. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

we expect that a full release of what will be version 1.2.0 of Chia will happen during the week of July 5 at the soonest.

There will likely be constant downtime for every pool. Bugs will take months to sort out. Your going to really see how talented pool operators are by their ability to hotfix things.

Have you guys picked any pool you will join once pool is launched?

I will join Space as I am a fan of their YouTube channel :sweat_smile:

1 Like

It is going to be a hard decision. I don’t want to waste my time. I was going to hod back a bit and see who settles in nicely, can resolve issues quickly, is secure, and has GREAT customer service. I have plenty of MOJO to start…LOL :slight_smile:

Flexpool is top of my list. Not going with any pool operators that haven’t run other crypto pools before. I have no intention of being part of a new pools learning curve.

5 Likes

Will be there a minimum plots/TiB for farming in a pool (at least to receive some rewards)?

I think this will depend on the pool growth. But eventually yes, I can’t see 1TB getting you much reward!

1 Like

Just asked, because, as of now, i have 24TB space for plots… not much, i know.

As others have stated the Chia Pool Protocol was released yesterday Pool Protocol 1.0 | NexusPool.io.

In all honesty the specification has been updated quite frequently and is subject to change over the next few days \ weeks. However they have announced that [Testing Enters Phase II(Testing Enters Phase II | NexusPool.io) which means all pool operators will be ensuring they conform to the latest Pool protocol…

Please reach out if you have any questions.

By saying it that way, you will make people think that it is ready for general use. It is not. It is still in testing (Phase II as you mentioned). But there is not a new version of the Chia software yet. And any plots made with this new protocol may still be no good. Because as I mentioned “TESTING”. There is still a very high chance that bugs will be found in the next couple days and changes will be made. Just be patient.

Yes, that is correct although they have official released the Protocol specification it is still in testing and bugs could will be identified.

That being said, this is software so bugs are always expected. We have filled quite a number of bugs or “nice to haves” but given the current culture most of these can be overlooked as “quirks” or “features”…

Everyone needs to wait for the ‘official’ full release from Chia when it comes. Hopefully with luck on our side this coming week. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Blockquote Will be there a minimum plots/TiB for farming in a pool (at least to receive some rewards)?

We won’t have this (and some others won’t as well) but pools using the reference spec will need to limit farmers as it can’t handle more than a couple hundred.

PS: We are not currently running a pool on main net. The plots being used are the early Phase 2 ones that have a 25% chance of being broken before phase 2 ends next week. There could also be features added to the newer plots that don’t break the phase 2 ones, but do improve upon them. Feel free to make a few phase 2 plots on main net and test but we’d suggest holding off from going ham.

1 Like

I have been watching the commits to the Chia software. There have been 17 commits since moving to Phase 2. 8 of them yesterday and today. Anyone know if any of these changes are big enough bugs to reset the 3 day clock (3 days in Phase 2 with no problems)? I assume so since it has been 6 days since the start of Phase 2 (July 1st). Anyone know if the changes today start a new clock?

I’m following it too. If all is well, the release version 1.2 should be out by now today. Something is holding back?
A wallet transfer leak is discovered in the dev version 1.1.7xx, many other holes to fix too?

If I had the time I’d make youtube videos breaking down progress as it correlates with Git commits. Non devs are going to have a hard time sifting through these.

Thanks for the analysis!

I am seeing messages from Maxiopool also Chia pool has been launched. Any thoughts about Maxiopool? It is time for us to pick up a pool now.