NFT or OG which one's better

Dear friends,
Just a quick question,
I’m solo farming and self pooling and don’t have a plan to join any pool.
I have some OG plots and plotting NFT plots for quite some time.
My question is that do I need to replot those OG one’s or it’s ok to keep them?
Do I miss anything by keeping those OG one’s?

No, not if you don’t plan to pool.
However, I didn’t either, but after not getting any coin for far to long I caved and started pooling.
Few advantages of pools, the difficulty stops your drives working as hard, I now get significantly less heat from them, so I assume they’re also using less elec and should live longer.
If you happen to go offline you only lose a small amount compared to possibly missing minting a block.
I had another plus, but its slipped my mind, I’ll edit if it returns to me.

Edit.
Ah, my response times are much better, I’m assuming this is also down to the difficulty.

I think NFT is better as you can change your mind anytime for pool or solo. But honestly I have left a little amount of OG’s (some hundred) just for the fun of luck :grinning: :wink:

PS: I dont want to leave earning chia to luck so I prefer pooling Since the beginning.

1 Like

Why do the drives work less with NFT plots an pooling? I cannot get it.

You get a difficulty increase, which you don’t get if your solo.

My difficulty is 76, I believe its always 1 when solo.

Maybe I’m wrong here, but I think that’s how it works.

It is though entirely possible that I’m actually seeing those results for other reasons, chia release, ssd not hdd for chain, but I believe not.

Edit. Infact it can’t be the ssd thing, my other box I was using ssd as well.

Currently the difficulty for mainnet is 2832, you can see this in the Chia client’s Full Node section. Pools should have a lower difficulty.

Pools sends challenges only to estimate the farm size, by counting how many partials are returned during the day while taking the pool difficulty into account. (This is the points calculated.)

Response times I think should probably not be affected by this, maybe some filesystem cache could potentially play a role in this but it should be very minor.

2 Likes

That’s an entirely different difficulty.
The one you mention is to control how many coins are minted each day, as more than one farmer can earn reward per block.

I just know my times are greatly improved but I believe that was done in release 2.11 or just before to take load of less capable machines.

But my times are better now, that’s for sure

Now on my older box ( fx 8350 ) only ddr3 I don’t go over 5 sec unless I add a new drive. Then it drops straight back down again.

I have seen people claiming more than one reward can be earned per block, but I cannot find a source about that. When I look through the consensus document I didn’t find it.

From Chia’s FAQ:
What is Chia’s inflation?
After the Chia pre-farm, Chia offers farming rewards of 64 chia every 10 minutes. Over the first 12 years the farming rewards will be halved at the end of each 3rd year. From year 13 to infinity, the rewards will remain constant at 4 chia every 10 minutes leading to ever decreasing inflation rates. Chia’s inflation falls through the 0.50% rate 22 years after mainnet launch.

Does anyone have a source/link about multiple rewards per block?

Any plots with the right qualities who respond in time get a reward.
If to many are released in a day difficulty goes up.
It stops big farmers on fast connections denying small farmers rewards.

I’ll look for a link.
Can’t find a link currently, but I know I’m correct on this.

If you go to xch scan, and look at the blocks, and rewards, you will see, some blocks reward 8 coins, other blocks none.

It might be we are talking about different things.
The ones I have seen on xchscan has always had one single farmer, not multiple.

The single farmer listed is the one who minted the block, and won the tx fees, the total coins issued in that block go to whoever responded in time with the correct properties in a plot.
2 coins per winning plot.

1 Like

You are absolutly right. :+1:

1 Like

I found this to be able to explain it in this case (the reward claims section):

So a single reward per block but the actual transaction for it later on. If no transaction blocks for a bit, multiple block creation rewards in the next transaction block.

My interpretation of the consensus is that multiple people can return proofs for a specific challenge, the network then decides which of the proofs is the best one and commits it into the blockchain. So only a single block reward per block.

Lol, I’ve explained it already.
Believe what you wish.

Yes, totally correct for the tx winner.
Not for just a 2 xch reward.

Oh I will, lol. Would love to a source or link about it.

1 Like

So out of curiosity, what do you think network difficulty is for?

Not an official document, but look here.

Official doc, but I’ll leave you to find the relevant bits.

https://www.chia.net › assetsPDF
The Chia Network Blockchain

That links bad, you’ll need to highlight the whole top line, and search tinternet for it.

“The difficulty changes to target 32 winning proofs for the entire network in each sub-slot.”

If more proofs found than desired, difficulty will be raised.

Yes, but if it’s only 1 reward per block as you’d thought, that makes no sense.

It would be completely unnecessary.

I don’t think any one of us can change the other one’s opinion of this matter, lol