Node stopped syncing

This happened to me a few days ago, but I assumed it was because my rig rebooted unexpectedly due to a power outage due to my foot being in the wrong place at the wrong time :woozy_face:

My main node just refused to sync and there was an error about the sqlite database (I wish I would have saved the exact error now). At first, I just deleted the corrupted blockchain_v1_mainnet.sqlite db file and it started resyncing, but with the blockchain well over 2gb now, my farmer wouldn’t be farming for hours (days?) at those rates.

Luckily I had another laptop configured to run the full node (with UPNP set to false) and it had synced as of a few days before this error. It hadn’t been running in a few days, but it still had almost the full blockchain on disk. I copied the blockchain_v1_mainnet.sqlite from this laptop to my main node and then restarted the client. It worked! It started syncing from a few days before and was caught up in a few hours.

This experience made me realize that maybe it is a good idea to have 2 full nodes running (with UPNP turned off on one of course) OR maybe we should be backing up the \db directory for no other reason than it takes a LONG time to resync if that gets corrupted?

1 Like