Non-official pools experiences and opinions

that’s interesting… what I don’t get though is if you have the CHIA client running with your drives mapped and then you join chia core you’d be double mining by default surely?

no, in their FAQ, it says to have it running. I don’t know how the programming works, but it does.

with 382 plots on hpool about 0,01 per day

As Netspace decreased the daily income should be about 0.38 XCH/PiB (according to chiaexplorer.com), but the stats on hpool shows still 0.29 XCH/PiB.

What is wrong with hpool?
Seems like there daily XCH/PiB can only be decrease and never increases…
Has anyone ever observed that the daily output is gone upwards on the hpool site?

How should revenue at hpool increase while netspace increases?
Maybe once, if they find a way to fight cheaters, but thats the only way I could imagine.

Looks like HPool is trying to get rid of the cheaters, that’s a good sign. The cheating codes are published in China and apparently successful in generating fake plots, at least against the early version of HPool farm.

Double farming is another problem.

yeah, because no one else will be joining anymore 2 days from now :laughing:

I don’t know what you are talking about, or why you responded to me.

the fact you are representing 21chia.com, which is a pool, while being a jerk, doesn’t impress me. Something tells me it isn’t going to go so well.

I wasn’t trying to be a jerk, just cracking a joke. Double farming cannot be fixed, they’re fooling themselves unfortunately.

Well, I’m pulling more XCH there than I am from anywhere else. Instead of dogging them, I’m grateful I’m finally making something. I mean, people put alot of time into plotting, some people 1000’s of plots, and have no ROI. Atleast with them, people are getting some kind of return. Is it perfect? No, but better than nothing.

1 Like

I know, I totally understand. I would do the same if I had that many plots.

1 Like

You seem cool. I’ll check out your pool. I’m just a little defensive because I’ve put alot of time into Chia, and frustrated, as most people are.

1 Like

I’ve been on Hpool for 5 weeks now, never regretted it. Software works fine, nice and easy.
I will replot all anyway, so not worried about my keys. I’m happy they’re around and appreciate all the effort they have done and all the shit they have taken as a result.

There is a lot of cheating going on, well documented and evident by the fact that their pool size is 20-30% higher than the reported value on the chain.

Gene already said that Hpool will switch to the new pool protocol as soon as it comes out. How long they will keep the old system running is uncertain as far as I know but I can only imagine that they can’t wait to get rid of it.

3 Likes

Would be nice if it was true, any updates on how the protocol is coming along on the testnet?

There have been many changes and some bugs introduced this week in the pools.dev branch of chia-blockchain. But, in theory almost everything is implemented (switching pools, I think self-pooling too but maybe it’s buggy still). What remains is bugfixing and testing, mostly. It’s possible that it’s all usable before the end of june.
On 21Chia we’ve been testing reward distribution and payouts this week. Next week we’ll be doing more testing and working on the dashboards.

3 Likes

I joined hpool on 09/06 and today I made my first withdrawal which took about 6 hours to arrive in my wallet.
i gave up after almost a month of farming solo and seeing 0 returns

if hpool decides to shut for whatever reason, i can still use my plots to farm solo as the native chia farmer allows your rewards to be paid to a different address