'NoneType' object is not iterable error when loading Chia Gui

Hi guys, anyone has seen this error before? It shoes my private key but every time i boot or go into Chia Node its pops up.

Screen Shot 2021-05-18 at 1.23.56 PM

1 Like

Well I deleted everything and copied my DB from another machine, that worked

1 Like

This error means that python is trying to iterate over a None object. With Python, you can only iterate over an object if that object has a value. This is because iterable objects only have a next item which can be accessed if their value is not equal to None. If you try to iterate over a None object, you encounter the TypeError: ‘NoneType’ object is not iterable error.

For example, list.sort() only change the list but return None.

Python’s interpreter converted your code to pyc bytecode. The Python virtual machine processed the bytecode, it encountered a looping construct which said iterate over a variable containing None. The operation was performed by invoking the __iter__ method on the None. None has no __iter__ method defined, so Python’s virtual machine tells you what it sees: that NoneType has no __iter__ method.

Technically, you can avoid the NoneType exception by checking if a value is equal to None before you iterate over that value.

1 Like

Interesting to see under the hood sometimes - thanks for the input :sunglasses:

I’m assuming Chia addressed this at some point - I haven’t seen any complaints recently.