Nvme to SATA Adapter..?

hey guys…

anyone uses adapter like this…? nvme to sata adapter.? i have 2 corsair mp600 2gb nvme and i want to add this hdds to my main comp. but i need adapter for that…adapter must be all in one… i mean 1 adapter but 2x nvme supports…

Good place to start

Amazon.com: Sintech M.2 nVME SSD to PCI-e 3.0 X4 Adapter Card,Compatible for Adata SX8200,Samsung 960 970 EVO,Crucial P1 SSD : Electronics

hey…
thanx alot for ur advice but i have another 2 nvme installed on my main comp…so i cannot use pci expansion slot… actually i did… but not detected by windows… only supports 2 nvme… not 3th one… so i want to use sata converter…

look… there is a reason they don’t make exactly what your looking for… its not wise…

but you could I suppose get a nvme m.2 2.5’ enclosure… than run power and sata to that… so it would be a nvme attached through sata…

there should be support for a 3rd nvme… I recommend… plugging it into another pc and formatting it than putting it back into the pc ur atempting to have 3 in… or make sure ur drivers are 100%

I have my gaming windows pc I have 3 nvme connected pci no problemo… 2 in a raid 0 for the os. and one as a large cach on a raid 0 4x4tb hard drives. works great…

Amazon.com: StarTech.com M.2. PCI-e NVMe to U.2 (SFF-8639) Adapter - Not Compatible with SATA Drives or SAS Controllers - For M.2 PCIe NVMe SSDs - PCIe M.2 Drive to U.2 Host Adapter - M2 SSD Converter (U2M2E125) : Electronics

StarTech.com M.2. PCI-e NVMe to U.2 (SFF-8639) Adapter

That won’t work. You’d need a motherboard or controller card with a U.2 port, or an M.2 port with a M.2-to-U.2 adapter.

SATA ports and drives use AHCI protocol. M.2 slots and drives can use either 1. AHCI protocol over SATA (check your motherboard manual to see which slots support SATA), 2. AHCI protocol over PCIe (quite rare these days), or 3. NVMe protocol over PCIe. The drives you bought use the NVMe protocol over PCIe. You can’t do NVMe over SATA, ergo there’s no way to accomplish what you’re asking. Even if there were you’d be seriously hamstringing the drives by running them at 6Gbps instead of native PCIe Gen4 x4 speeds (about 63Gbps).

The best option is an adapter card as @drhicom originally suggested: two M.2 drives in a single PCIe x8 expansion slot (or four M.2 in a x16 slot). However, your motherboard has to support PCIe lane bifurcation to be able to see two or more x4 devices in a single slot. This turns e.g. an x8 slot into x4x4 or a x16 slot into x4x4x4x4. For example, many Asus motherboards support the Asus Hyper M.2 x16 card, but you have to enable it in the BIOS. And of course you need an option, unused slot.

There are other options, but they start to become prohibitively expensive—to the point that it’d probably be cheaper and easier to get a new motherboard with more M.2 slots or one that supports e.g. the Hyper M.2 x16 card.