When I started plotting I was sending all my complete plots to my NAS which took what seemed like forever. It was around 20 minutes.
Anyhow, while plotting is sitting at 100% and moving your completed .plot file to your destaination this is halting the next plot in that queue from starting.
I changed my final destaintation folder to my boot nvme and the final .plot move takes around 3 minutes.
I then use a batch file to move the .plot file to my NAS.
This allows the next plot in the queue to start a lot earlier.
If you’re plotting 10 plots a day, staggered in multiple queue the idle time at 100% starts to add up.
Here’s the batch file i’m using (move_plots.bat):
move /Y "C:\Temp Plot\*.plot" "\\192.168.88.200\Plots\"
PING localhost -n 900 >NUL
And here’s the vbs file i’m using to hide the cmd.exe from the taskbar in Windows 10.
Set WshShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
WshShell.Run chr(34) & "C:\Temp Plot\move_plots.bat" & Chr(34), 0
Set WshShell = Nothing