Old HDD getting slower

Thanks for all the info on this, think I will stay away from SSD drives for awhile, to easy to get suckered

2 Likes

Theyvare very efficient. Kind of miracale in speed terms , open a thread for recomdations it will be helpfull,.
When i was looking i saw one with nice heat sink that people confirm thay used without problam

1 Like

For your first plotting drive, I recommend sticking to Newegg (filter out 3rd party sellers too), Bestbuy, or Microcenter, etc and buying brand name (Samsung, Western Digital, Seagate, etc). It won’t be the best deal you’ve ever found, and they won’t have the highest endurance you can find, but you can be sure that it’s a fair price and you can create hundreds of plots to get started.

Just stay off of Ebay, Amazon, and Aliexpress until you know exactly what you are getting!

1 Like

Good to know, I never have used Newegg Ill give them a try, I have started plotting on a 10TB drive its just slow because its my temp also, no room on my little C drive ssd

1 Like

You need to get yourself another 500+ GB SSD/NVMe for the blockchain db, as the blockchain is really slow on c: drive, plus it is slowly killing it, so one day your OS drive may be gone. You also want to keep a fairly fresh copy of your good bc db, in case something will get screwed up.

1 Like

I have a Samsung 1TB NVME on order then Ill have to install the PCIE in desktop for it and clone over to it, my c drive now is a NVME but it a small sata 250 GB and blockchain is eating it up lol

1 Like

Can u guid on backup theblockchain data base please ,. We can get it to the help subforum , and it might help people make cold wallets