Optimizing farming?

For starters

I would suggest, do this > on a piece or two of paper, draw a detailed block diagram showing your system setup 1st, and then another with a block diagram of the various software components used to create your chia ‘wonderland’ that is so efficient at farming XCH.

Then take a phone snap of that and post it (them).

With something more useful than your ‘poetic’ style writings to understand, others might at least learn some truths of the situation, or not. And no need to divulge any pertinent personal info.

1 Like

I’ll try my best :sweat_smile:
That Woulda really helped me when I began.

Really great idea!

You do understand what I explained about proofs in plots.

Each plot has specific attributes or not.
So pointing at any plot more than once no matter how set up should never allow more coins to be earned.

But yet you wrote.

This should be impossible!
And I’d imagine why some ppl won’t listen.

1 Like

Proxmox is a tier 1 hyper visor capable of all sorts of “impossible” things.
Will blow you effin mind.
Just don’t ask anyone for help.
And learn everything from the documentation that’s mostly outdated.

So here’s a extreamly rough, dummed down interpretation of my setup. 3 server proxmox cluster.
Forgot to add in pic. On the middle machine. Also lives a Ubuntu 24 core 128gb ram. Mad max plotting container.
And the full node at the bottom. Is a vm. On pve1

Can’t say u can just pic this up and start running. But this should give you the idea of what I’ve got going
There’s ALOT. more to it than this to make it all work as it should.
But listed a couple key points.
Maybe I’d give it more effort If someone in the community showed just a little faith.
And Actually intended to believe.
And understood how valuable TIME really is.
Enjoy.

For some context——

Can you explain why you chose 10x? If you can turn 100TB into 1PB then why not expand the process and make it 10PB?

Since this thread is about optimizing farming here’s some initial stats from flexfarmer 2.0 tests from one of our testers. I encourage everyone to test it themselves once its out to verify:

Flexfarmer 2.0

OG Chia Farmer

We’re also seeing decreased power use not just on the computer but on the HDD’s themselves. Which of course means less heat, less cost, and longer hard drive lifetimes.

Please note that Flexfarmer isn’t just a nodeless farmer. Its a large improvement over the OG Chia farmer as the code has been re-written in Go with a lot of the errors and omissions corrected and its been optimized. 2.0 uses our own Proof of Space thats also been re-written in Go and much improved/fixed. Partially because our farmer greatly reduces data transfer (which contributes to hard drive failure) we reduce power costs and increase long-term reliability.

We are working towards assembling our own improved node which combined with our farmer and possible plotter will offer a much better experience for farmers. Much faster sync, less storage needed, reliability, profits, and user experience.

PS: Please note that we’re not saying the base software is bad, I know improvements are in the works but the point of any blockchain community is to develop/improve/innovate upon the platform offered which is what we’re doing separate from others efforts.

6 Likes

The Keybase team is aware of you and has investigated your claims. They have an excellent understanding of your claims and were able to answer my questions in minutes. Your claims make no technical sense and are invalidated by the timelords checking plot_id. I thought you were just a Troll seeking validation but the Keybase team thought you were a scammer. Turns out they were right.

This comment exposes your scam.

The Keybase team knew your scam before you validated it.

Keybase Chia Team Support
“My assumption is that the user sparks peoples interest, forces them to connect in private messages and leads them to giving away their private key or mnemonic (likely with a statement along the lines of - oh well it looks like your machine is not able to create the plots correctly, for this to work I will need your private key/mnemonic and will plot them for you - NOTE: NEVER give away your private keys or mnemonics even if someone is promising additional block rewards or multiplying your space)”

Your scam is to convince others that you can turn 1TB of plots into 10TB so that they will pay you to do the same for them or to give you their keys. You are trying to collect fees for service you cannot render.

I will not respond to any more of your posts and recommend the same to others.

WARNING: Do not PM with drjones. Do not give him keys or any other private information.

1 Like

This user’s posts are hidden for me, I hid them a while ago from my profile preferences so try that.

1 Like

Thank you. I ignored AND muted drjones in my preferences. :rofl:

Again, a plot has attributes or not.
No amount if jiggery pokery can change this.

So I’m not intetsted.

1 Like

Bit weird combo, top looks like a mixing panel for the music/light industry and the rack below also as the case with the 2 big vents which seems a typical case for the music industry.

Even seen similar setups for theatre productions this actually resembles to handling the lights (pars etc) years ago And yea I do know how they can look like , I’ve setup systems from the brand ADB which wasn’t for everyones wallet as theatre/stage and often was asked for cheaper options which resulted in stuff like you have posted a pic of.

So I doubt strongly that this is a CHIA Farm/Plotting setup

Edit: It’s deffo not a PC keyboard on top … closer inspection …

Left seems to hold a button that reads ‘REC OVER’ and I never seen a keyboard with a mix of key sized for F-keys as they are afaik located at the top. And no it’s not “Recover” there is clearly a space between “Rec” and “Over”

Another giveaway on the pic, the lid on the left … typical for transport cases…

Edit 2: The first U1 in the rack is a Dell Poweredge R220 … uhmm for CHIA plotting/farming ???

Screenshot - 2021-10-04T004141.267

Edit 3: Also a tad weird, seems EXIF data is removed from both pics

2 Likes

Weird that I’m staying on top of my privacy this time? After just being hacked.

Ya sooooo weird.

Bro ur like James Bond hahahathe

The r 220 is Minecraft servers exclusively.

The r410 below that has many harvesters only a handful of tb

Below that is a T 710 REV.2 that holds some of the best server processors money can buy
Dual x5690’s
45 min plots. And hosts my full node and many harvesters

Below that is a old 14 bay hp proliant.

Inside the black box with fans sits many 5tb externals.

They keyboard I got off offer up for 15$. Pretty tight huh.
Hardly use it tho. I remote in to them.

They are housed in a military issue server cabinet for aircrafts. solid aluminum. Massive caster wheels.

This is my farm :grinning::sweat_smile:

drjones, I’m reading through here, and you obviously have a lot to say. I don’t know your history elsewhere, it’s your business. But you seem to be trying really hard, in your own way, to tell us something. Now whether it’s something worthwhile, well, you may know, but I don’t. I realize you are trying, but IMHO you need to tell TB farmed, XCH won, time spent farming so far, things like that.

Your diagram is also interesting, mostly because I don’t fully understand it I guess. I’m a simple guy with a couple PCs. But I believe I have some level understanding of the gist of your story, or at least I think so.

From the chia github >

"The GUI show harvester plots after running some minutes. The easiest way to see if it’s working is to go the “Farm” tab, and check the “Last Attempted Proofs” pane. Here you should see the different harvesters reporting scans like 0/26 1/412 3/864, on an average of every 10~ second."

So you also have many harvesters going for whatever plots you have and you are saying that the more harvesters you have, the better results you get receiving XCH (vs a single harvetser). And something about the network sees more plots that you actually have. If so you would be best served telling us those stats I mentioned. That could be a revelation, but we don’t know.

Personally, I have a totally different setup. I have one GUI node that is all things to chia, full node, wallet, farmer, and harvester. I don’t create any plots on it, but rather on another better PC on my network and the plots are transferred eventually to the main PC, and not staying where plots are made. So I don’t have different harvesters. Thousands of plots are serviced by one harvester.

It works. I win XCH about on the timeframes the “win a block” says. It’s a simple setup, easy to manage and diagnose. So help me (us) out, answer these few questions, if you would…

1. How long have you been running your setup?
  2. How many plots do you have spread across how many harvesters?
  3. How many XCH have you won?

All the rest of the things you mention about the network seeing however many plots, all that, is not adding much. It’s technical detail, but results are what everyone is all about. If you will answer the above and the answers are super-duper great, well, I’m intrigued and will listen and study what you have more closely to try to understand. If it’s more like results the rest of us get, well, glad you are doing ok with whatever you have setup.

1 Like

Whatever you say, I have my doubts on dual xeon 5690s and doubtfull ‘if’ you even get the speed to plot as you mention with this more than a decade old CPU , the system has even an old tape drive installed … that’s like from 2005 I’ve seen one … yet the x5690 is from 2009 if I recall correct… so still possible … (not the plot speed but that it has a tape drive installed)

Looks like I’m not alone with serious doubts about your claims …

Edit: On another note, I’m used to handle older systems personally I have multiple -as you can see in another thread- Z workstations and believe me it ain’t so easy to find USB 3.x cards for older systems that actually workn especially for that systems year range … that if you connect through USB and not SATA/e-SATA same with the memory limits an x5690 is max 288GB Memory, wondering also where the PSU is for all the HDD’s mentioned … if they ain’t externals as you claim

Edit 2: Just checked max capacity for the R410 has a standard limitations to RAID 1 and max 2TB drives… ofcourse work arounds but not as easy to find the needed hardware and even then limit to 4TB according the dell support forum

1 Like

Why do I consistently get more space than I have? I have 80TB but it always averages to a few percent higher

What an amazing tool u have there. Thank you.

Well current is random based on how fast you find things so theres a 50% chance your average is higher than actual.

That being said flexfarmer does seem to do better than avg more than not and thats a question for Alex. Its a huge improvement over the base farmer and our pool does better on avg too.

1 Like

Bout to join flex and ditch boring space. Is that okay? If my numbers seem funny promise not to ban me immediately?
If counts don’t seem right just let me know and I’ll fix it if that’s okay?
No funny business. Just want a safe pool to try my optimized plotting… with-ought insta ban.:grin::cry:

To my knowledge we have no exploits as our implementation is completely different. Go for it. There is DDOS and other protection that may autoban though.

1 Like

You will se no such trouble from me. Team player right here all they way. Thanks.

Great to see a pool care about efficiently instead of just the amount of plots to bring.