Periodic bad response times

My times are generally like this as above One notable tidbit I notice is there is at least one 16-17 sec entry, then the rest are under 10 sec. And the whole episode lasts a ~minute. Every.single.time.

Hmm, mine arenā€™t that bad since I did my drivers.
Now I get 1 entry, or 8 / 10 but all in 1 second of each other.

Iā€™ve noticed something odd today, possibly related.
I saw someone on github expressing the same concern, with our same issue.

So Iā€™ve 11 warnings in a row all at just over 5 sec,
They start at 19.47.45.020
End at 19.47.45.036

So pretty close timewise.

Directly after, I have 7 checks for proofs all in a row , I think these should be roughly 10 sec apart, but
They start at 19.47.45.036
End at 19.47.45.995

Iā€™m not sure why Iā€™m attempting proofs for 7 different blocks within under 1 second.

Possibly unrelated, but I tend not to believe in coincidence.

I mean, if your not searching all plots once, but 7 times in under 1 second, it would seem likely you would bottleneck somewhere.

I must not delete that log, that seems something I could def take to keybase.

OK, just got another 2 warnings.
Again, I was responding to 2 different block challenges in the same second between .443 and .501

I see a pattern forming.

Edit.

And again with my next warning, multi blocks all within 1 sec.

Iā€™m confident this is the issue, usb 3.1 can not handle the throughput.
It can be seen as a hardware issue, as alot wonā€™t work at full speed.

Feck, glad I caught this before I got to much bigger I guess.

Iā€™ve had some help from support at keybase.
Their response here.

"i tihnk it must be chain reorgs that restarts the signage point chain, causing your node to ā€œrefarmā€ a couple of blocks in quick successionā€¦ nothing you can do about that, we all have that

well i guess you could spread your drives out over more machines, in hopes to minimize the lookup times those few times it happensā€¦ or just live with it"

Iā€™ve ordered a pcie USB card , so Iā€™ll try that and hope it helps, Iā€™ll update when I have some results.

1 Like

Still no clue if it helped, chia had issues resyncing after I added it .
So update will come when I know.

Little off topic, but its my thread so why not.

To fix my wallet stuck and not syncing, i did a bunch of stuff that didnā€™t help.
What did get it moving was deleting unconfirmed transactions , this is done from wallet tab , 3 little dots on top right.
Could help someone.

Iā€™ve a cold, started new job last night, but I must attend.
Eyeing up a new build to use as a farmer.
I think my current one limits me alot, canā€™t boot of ssd, only pcie gen 2.
I dont see any point putting a great cpu in it, just need a modern board. I have psuā€™s, can pinch ram from my plotter, have a healthy ssd I think, have new fans.
So just need mobo and cpu and case.

I reckon an i5 11400 should be fine for farmer / main node. Has onboard graphics, comes with cooler ( could be shite but Iā€™ll try it)
Any thoughts anyone?

How is everyone doing with this issue?

My one is now 99% stable after my fixes.

I can confirm it was 100% a chia softwaare fault and not hardware related, I had spent hours messing around with hardware and windows settings and it waas chia all along.

I get the occasional error now but once maybe every two or three days. And still sometimes the only fix is to restart the pc.

Would be interested to see if anyone else has fixed this issue?

1 Like

What drive are you running chia from, hdd or ssd?

I deleted cinfig.yaml out of sheer frustration, I didnā€™t think it would fix it, it didnā€™t.

Iā€™m currently re converting my plotter to a farmer to try that.

After I updated to 1.2.9 my warnings relating to spenbundle / block validation appeared, those warnings recommend a fast drive for databases .

Iā€™m hopefull ill be OK then, but Iā€™ve given up tinkering with my older farmer for now.

My bad lookup times still currently persist.

Glad yours is looking better.

Iā€™m using a pretty fast SSD. Fingers crossed it sorted now. I am aalso farming around 40 forks from the same PC so its being tested to the max!

Hi @Fuzeguy ,

Just hoping you wouldnā€™t mind answering something I feel you would know of the top of your head pls.

In event viewer, thereā€™s 6 categories, i get the top 3 are all problems/ potentially problems.

Iā€™m guessing I donā€™t need to concern myself with audit success or information categories?

Thanks.

Where do you see those categories? I usually check just ā€˜Systemā€™ and am looking just for ā€˜Errorā€™ level. When searching online, sometimes that ā€œEvent IDā€ number helps.

Are we looking at the same picture?

Not sure how you get to that window.
I open mine by typing event in search in bottom bar and clicking open event viewer.

I keep the window as it opens.
The very top box has

Critical
Error
Warning
Information
Audit success
Audit failure

Categories you can expand.

So same event viewer, accessed a different way.

Iā€™ve done a lot of tinkering, altered various bios settings,
My very unstable pc now has 0 critical, error, warning reports for 15 hrs.
So looking much better than before.

My logs look amazing now.
Itā€™s not set to info, but I was still getting those like 6 or 7 lines you get with many warnings when you ban a node etc.
Well ate those are gone, so far anyway, I get the only line saying banning node, but not all the bumf that used to accompany it.

I enable ā€œThis PCā€ icon on the desktop. (Settings / Personalization / Themes / Desktop icon settings / Computer)

Once you have that icon on the desktop, when you right click it, the third menu item is Manage. Clicking that will give you Computer Management window that has a bunch of options. Once you have that open, click on Event Viewer / Windows Logs / System. This is the place where you usually need to check for Errors. That view, gives you basically an overview of what happened on your system. Sometimes, it is useful to see whether there are related events logged, in addition to the error ones. If a given app is a native Windows app (or has relevant shim), it can also write to the Application log that is there, so it is easy to filter on the app name.

Although, the way you open gives a slightly different view that is also useful, as it gives all errors in one place.

My pc better be ok now, Iā€™d never hurt it but itā€™s been taking away my zen.
Found the issue with bsod, hd aud bus, so I removed it , surely it canā€™t play up then