Phase 5 time jumped after going to dual NVME

Last Friday I installed a second NVME in my plotters to help speed up my plotting. First off, it barely did anything for the speed but that isn’t the topic of this thread. What I am confused about is the upload speed when the plot is complete. I am using the exact same setup with a SATA SSD as the 2nd temp. There are only two things that have changed.

1. The addition of the second NVME setup as a Storage Space in windows.
  2. I bumped up the number of parallel plots so the system is getting worked harder.

I have been backing off on my parallel plots gradually and other resources but my upload times are not getting any better. I am taking one of the plotters back to the settings it was last week to truly see if the times go back to the way they were. But I am losing 10-15 minutes per plot because of this. Last week it was running the ethernet at 100% when uploading and finishing in 15 minutes. Now it take between 25 and 30 minutes. The ethernet bandwidth is very irregular. I am wondering if this is some sort of motherboard bandwidth issue. I made sure not to use the SATA port that is being teamed with the NVME port.

1 Like