Plot file format

• first have u ever cat’ed a plot file?? breaks the holding pc if u let it keep running the cat…
    like some witchcraft.
  • second. have u ever Hurd of Hadoop? I believe in that somwhewere lies the key to a split plot and possibly some next lvl compression
  • thirdly u may be able to work something out practical with mhddfs

finally, I don’t know what system ur on so I can’t make further suggestions :slight_smile:

there are some tricks with harvesters not known to many. and still some unchartered territory as far as what’s capable/ legal. with chia and the harvester protocol

there’s a guy on here who developed a “plot filesystem” for plots specifically to help with this problem ur facing…

a .plot was created by chia. there’s nothing like it. experiment! poke at one! see if it bites!

The Apache Hadoop software library is a framework that allows for the distributed processing of large data sets across clusters of computers using simple programming models. It is designed to scale up from single servers to thousands of machines, each offering local computation and storage. Rather than rely on hardware to deliver high-availability, the library itself is designed to detect and handle failures at the application layer, so delivering a highly-available service on top of a cluster of computers, each of which may be prone to failures.

mhddfs . It is a FUSE filesystem module which allows to combine several smaller filesystems into one big “virtual” one, which will contain all the files from all its members, and all their free space. Even better, unlike other similar modules (unionfs?), this one does not limit the ablility to add new files on the combined filesystem and intellegently manages, where those files will be placed.