Plot file move to other directory?

i have completed. 4 plot files… as in compiled .plot files. not temporary,… but in different drive ( 2 plot files in drive E other 2 is in drive D )… and now im farming … but, i like to move it to other. drive… all plot files in just one drive. is this possible??

will farming still work? do i have to do some reconfiguration in my config.yaml files??

thaks

1 Like

Yes, you can move them completely to another pc location/hdd where you will have to install again the gui, sync it and use the same private keys from previous pc/location.

1 Like

Yes. Install the drive with your plots to be moved into your host computer. Either send or copy/ paste the plot files onto the host computer drive. Make sure, if this is the first time, that you add the new drive directory. This is done by going to PLOTS and adding the drive from the drop down box at top right. You will see the transferred plots on the drive. You will have to restart Chia (sync will happen fast) so that you don’t get an “invalid plot” message. Good luck.

2 Likes

I have tried many things but I can not do it working.Every plot I move to another disk is invalid.Node sometimes is running and in others not.I test move or copy one by one or all of them.Finally the new disk have invalid plots and I have to add again the old disk.The old disk is the fastest to make plots but plotting stop when tries to move the new plot to an other disk(!!!)???.Plotting finishing only when final did is in the same disk.Anyone to tell me step by step how to move plots?Thanks

Literally copy and paste then delete the original once transfer finishes.
They will show as bad plots until the transfer finishes, then they should be fine, I’ve done it many times.
I’d only move 1 at a time as I’ve found my disk gets fragmented otherwise.

The gui message saying the plots are invalid stays active until you close and restart the gui.

Thanks I wil try it after plotting finish.You say to delete the plot I copy.Did you try to remove the disk from pc?Keep only the copied and start the pc after?You see I do not want to lose working plots.

You can do that, or just remove the folder from the list of places chia looks for plots, both are good options.

The second not work for me.I tried.I see only invalid plots.

So you moved the file, made sure the new location is added to folders to search, removed the old folder from searched location, closed the gui and restarted it?

Yes.This was the last I tried and again plotting.I have freespace for one more.If copy will not work I will start plotting to another disk.5 days forone plot.the others more than two weeks(I start one and after two days was 1%).

When you say the plot is invalid, how do you know this?
Where are you getting that info from?

From node.Plots shows : Failed to open (invalid plots)
These plots are invalid, you may want to delete them.
Filename
Action
H:\plot-k32-2021-07-09-01-37-3b746175a6574086495d3a3191625bc79ca3ba63a496e0388527695ec3ac03c5.plot
H:\plot-k32-2021-07-12-04-25-6aaeab66fc05a4977e72b5310d9eff81fc7e88dc91a46fcd25fce99b9acac7d5.plot

From my experience you get that message as it tries to farm the plot while its being moved and is not whole yet.

Closing and restarting the gui should get rid of that message.

Some others just rename the plot to transfer it then change the name back once its moved.

Ok. Some more experiments and see