Plot speed vs Storage space

You want to jump on whatever in eBay relatively soon if you plan on eventually getting something. I wish I had the funds or I might do it if the price is right. Going the route of servers like the Dell R720 is becoming harder and harder for a good deal. Getting a cheap PowerVault is becoming hard because you may need some caddies and drives and the mini SAS interface card + cables.

Yeah, this is what I was afraid of. Maybe this gear will be more readily available if enough people lose interest in Chia or if HDD production increases.

Supposing netspace seems to increase. Today you earn $531 a month. Discounting the cost of electricity, in how many months will you have recovered your investment?

Considering that netspace is only growing at 10% a month (which would be a dream).
Today you earn $531 a month. That income would fall at a rate of 10% per month. In 24 months you would only receive $47 a month (which you would not even pay for electricity) and you would have received in that period the amount of US$4886 minus $2160 of electricity.

Net income of $2726 in 24 months. Would be enough to pay off your investment?

You are assuming the price stays what it is. I only look at how much XCH I earn. Because I feel it will be worth a lot more in five years. And currently, with my expectations, I already hold enough XCH to pay off my investment. But I will continue to farm, even if it costs more than I am bringing in, that won’t happen for years. I think the XCH it earns will pay off big in the future. But, that is my opinion, my plan. You do what you want.

1 Like