Plotting in RAM: the speed drops strongly and consistently after the first plot

On the memory you have, but on mine I have heat sinks. And I have both DDR3 & DDR4 dims
check this out itā€™s short money and may solve your issue.
1Set Memory Bar Heatsink Radiator Cooling for DDR3 DDR4 with Thermal Pad-q- | eBay

Is all your memory the same type and brand, if not can you pair each dim to match its mate when their installed?

2 Likes

Put some fans over that RAM. Usually, you donā€™t need much.

I cannot say that I understand how RAM works. However, your box is most likely quad channel, so potentially RAM should be used in either pairs or quads, not really a single stick. Also, as you do all in RAM, that is 250 GB, not 64, and MM creates plenty of temp files what would indicate that RAM all over the place is used (although, MM is not using much RAM for the computation part, so maybe this is the offending part - still, that would be maybe 5-10GB, so potentially should not heat up the whole 64GB stick). Again, I donā€™t really know how that part works. With my RAM, all sticks have the same temp. I donā€™t have outliers (but again, I am on Linux, and I couldnā€™t make it work in Win - so maybe had the same problem, but I didnā€™t realize it at that time - I have only 2 RAM sensors, so basically worthless info).

I would also look into buying those heatsinks that @drhicom found.

2 Likes