Plotting results on a Ryzen 9 3900X with 128GB DDR4-3200 and an Optane 900P

You really don’t want to be plotting on your main drive. When SSD’s fail they can lose what’s stored when its powered off, which of course doesn’t affect plotting, but your main OS drive on the other hand…

Yeah, I know it’s definitely not the best idea but I don’t really plot much or have much hard drives so my SSD drive or main drive is still pretty high in endurance and I have another SSD and tons of hard drives to help support my main drive. So my main is only doing like a couple of plots. The thing I will say for sure is on my OS. I don’t have anything on there that is important. Only my database, nicehash mining and other stuff. I could always re-download. I also may be only only stole like one or two games on that drive, which basically everything on that drive could be reinstalled. :slight_smile:

That being said, go to Ebay and get a Samsung EVO 1TB SSD one for you OS and clone that disk. Use some NVME disks or good Temp drive (Optane 900P) to plot on then they get copied to your final hard disk. When you have a correct (or better) setup your life will be easier…

Great idea, I’ll see what I could do​:grinning::+1:

I have a question as I utilize a 5950x with 128gb ddr4 @3600 for farming. Are you guys limited by your ram? No xmp or? I turned on xmp with all slots filled and have not had an issue @ 3600. If your ram is rated for 3600 mhz and and you are having issues. A small voltage increase for the memory controller usually enables the memory controller to handle the 128gb @ 3600. Just curious.