Plotting time too big with Madmax, Ubunto 20.04

Where did you pull that number from?

How many plots you intend to create?

And, I assume your CPU is maxed out, same with your NVMe. So, the only potential improvement is with a faster RAM. However, it is costly (as you already have 128 GB), and for sure not worth it, if you don’t intend to do “a lot” of plots.

Also, check Janis’ whole channel, as he also have some AMD related H/W tuning.

Why would a plotter creating plots 6 minutes faster matter unless you have PBs to fill? Just keep plotting. Spend extra money on TB.

1 Like

Plotter burns ~200W/h in electricity. In his case, that 6 mins is about 20% saving on your plotting time. If you make 100 plots that would be ~2kW/h cost saving. Therefore, I asked about how many plots he intends to create.

1 Like

Hi,
The best i can squize from this machine. It will be working 24/7. My business plan is to fully utilize this machine. Around 150 TB/month in plots.

Now i check my source, it is heavily OC Ryzen 3900, with gaming RAM at 4000mhz. But none of this i can (do not want) to do. With heavy OC i think i will kill the machine within an year. And with RAM - i have to sell my current one and to bye the other.

I’m confused.

You started at > As a result i am getting 130min/plot which is not normal.
Later you said > Total plot creation time was 4918.73 sec (81.9788 min)
And finally > …and got 28 min/plot.

That’s ~51/day 1541/month

And last > My business plan is to fully utilize this machine. Around 150 TB/month in plots.

So you have what you want. I’ve never heard of a PC or RAM being ‘killed’ with overclock. It either works or it crashes.

Haven’t you solved your issue?

1 Like

28 min/plot is good result. I have a ryzen 5900 + 128 GB 3600 RAM, getting 26-27 min/plot. No PBO, no overclocking (only DOCP)

MadMax is sensitive to number of threads and memory speed.

1 Like

2kW/h costs like $0.40 USD at the most, definitely not justifying hundreds of dollars of hardware upgrades

Heavily doubt it, the first <25min plots were made with mad max plotter on old DDR3 RAM