Pool connecting

hi .after changing my pc ssd ,i inastalled new version of chia 1.6.2 and waiting for syncing. now my problem is pool connecting. the plots are farming but there is no pool key. in pool tab there is no plots in pools.
1-so , how should i connect my nft plots to the pool again??

And you upgraded from which version to 1.6.2?

Have you searched over in Keybase for this issue?

Do you still have the old drive? You need to dig out the old config.yaml and look for the following entry:

pool:
  logging: *id001
  network_overrides: *id002
  pool_list:
  - authentication_public_key: abc...
    launcher_id: '0x2101234...'

Copy that entire section, and replace / add to whatever you have in the new config.yaml file. That section keeps track of your pools.

Every time you make a db backup, don’t forget to also backup your entire .chia and .chia_keys folders.

2 Likes

I don’t have old drive and any backups.
I thought if I install new version and sync nods/wallet, I can farming again.
Is mean I no longer able to use the plots?

Last version was 1.6.1
I haven’t any backups

You didn’t delete anything correct? So you should have your old config.yaml file.

Did the node completely sync?

One thing that is needed are your original mnemonics. Those are keys to get back your plots. If you have those, the plots are good. If you lost them as well, you are most likely facing replotting.

Not sure how else you can recover your pool info, @Bones ?

Yes nod and wallet completely synced.
Is there Any other way?

Isnt that issue why ppl were having to delete wallet db and let it re sync?
So your node pulls the data of the chain?

Or was that to just make the pooling nft show?
Wouldnt the data be stored on chain at the same point?

I am not sure, also don’t really remember. Looking from the dev point of view, if you have your mnemonics, generated your wallet db, why would you save pool info in a file that can potentially be corrupted by the user (or lost like in this case). It would be much easier to just scrape that info on start from that wallet db (if that db is corrupted, just regenerate it, and all is god again). But, this is how I am thinking about it, not really knowing the details, so I may be way off here.

Also, pool connection (those NFTs) are kind of side connection for me, not really bc oriented. The node does all the action on bc, it is using pool only to get paid for partials (while letting the pool share your 1.75).

Again, easy to try, as there are no known issues when doing it, plus it is super fast (once the node is fully synced on bc side).

1 Like