Pool farming dropped to zero overnight

Is anyone else having an issue where your points and round share drop to zero? In the chia app I have current point balance of 47. When I check my launcher ID on the web it shows only 2 with round share of zero. I tried rebooting but that hasn’t seemed to help. It was working fine yesterday. Pool is space pool.

Doesn’t the points balance reset to zero once you have received a payout?

Then it starts from zero again to show what your accrued contribution is to the next block?

I have same number of plots on spacepool and maxio pool. Last week I have received half amount of payment from spacepool compared to maxio pool. That is weird? Spacepool is so so big compared to maxio. Should we choose smaller pools? Big pools are somewhat hard to trust?

I think you’re right. I had a payout 3 days ago but with 60 plots I would think I should have more points then 47. I do see that I have slowly got back to .0001 share and showing 12 points. I think this might have been fixed by the reboot. It is a little concerning that it just stopped farming my pool without warning. Going through the logs, I don’t see anything that stands out.

I will check spacepool one more week to compare. If I get the same result I will change the NFT from space to maxio pool.

Not sure how that is relevant to this particular topic. I don’t think it matter what pool you join, in the long run it should all be the same… but take that advice with a pinch of salt. I have been know to be wrong on occasion.

I had to do a little Googling, but I think points get reset when the POOL wins a block, and then calculates your share by using the points your have acquired (your contribution), and then it resets. If your reward exceeds the minimum payment threshold you get a payout. And then it repeats. Someone correct me if I’m wrong.

It might depend where you are looking. In the app, the current points are since payout. That is where I’m showing 47. I do see the pplns points for my launcher ID online are growing again up to 28 after about 1 hour since reboot. So this was definitely an issue where my farmer just stopped farming.

The farmer page of spacepool shows points and also total payment. So we should see on the page if a payment was made.
But some pools do not show the payments. I wander why dont they show all the information points, pending payment and total payment. For example, poolharvest only shows the NFT points, difficulty expected reward and estimated storage. Whereas maxio pool shows unpaid xch, estimated daily reward, and payment history. Maxio is the best pool to show every data a farmer needs. When it comes to 21chia (I think 21 comes from their payout time :slight_smile: the only three info is farmer space, points and pending payout. There is nothing about what payment is made. So I can only check the incoming history menu of chia gui and if the payment is about 21 oclock so it comes from 21chia pool. So I am genious :slight_smile:

Now it sounds like you’re shilling for or promoting maxiopool… lol.

No. I do not have any relationship with or any motivation to promote maxio pool. Those are my thoughts about some pools. And all my thoughts are objective. Anyone can check if I have any wrong determination.
I hope the other pools will be motivated to give more info on the farmer page?

1 Like

So I found when my last proof was submitted last night. Used that time stamp to zero in on the issue in my logs. “farmer chia.farmer.farmer : ERROR. harvester did not respond. You might need to update to the latest version”. Not sure what caused it but rebooting and update to 1.2.3 seems to have got me farming again. Will continue to monitor and post of I see it again.

1 Like

:+1: We’re going to add more reporting to the farmer dashboard shortly, including payouts

1 Like

Maxio pays out per tb of plots. Nothing to do with chia that even comes in. Im good with that. I get .0129877 xch a day from maxio. And im a “small” farmer and growing. so the bigger i get the more xch i make

1 Like