Pool.Garden live on mainnet: first pool based on official pooling protocol has been launched

so for making new plots for the pool do they have to be made in the new dev download of the software or can we continue to use madmax?

Plots can be transfered between pools of course. There are chia plotnft leave and chia plotnft join commands.

So if I get it right, we got a 25% chance that we’ll have to replot next week right?
Cause thats when the final 1.2 comes out?

Correct, thats an estimate provided by Chia.Net team.

And my current solo plots wont work at all right?
I can start making pool plots now, but the 25% is still there.

Pooling on mainnet isnt released yet and is expected to be this week. Pool.garden and some others are hedging a little based on their expectation that testnet plots and mainnet plots at the official release will be the same. They may be right. As they said its 25% risk that the portable poolable plots you plot now might have to be replotted in 3-6 days time. So if its 30plots/day you might gain 4 days jump on everyone else (not sure that really changes your odds of wining coin if you are plotting solo now anyway) at the risk you might need to replot 120 plots, or might not. Your current plots, in case anyone isn’t sure, are not poolable, but you can continue to solo farm them for as long as you want exactly as you do now, unless you choose to overwrite them with poolable plots later on.

This much I understand, can someone explain to me how the NFT thing works?

1 Like

Far as I see it, the Plot NFT thing, you use it purchase a singleton which can be used to plot with and create a group of plots for a pool. You can have one or multiple ones if you want to farm on multiple pools.

2 Likes

SO you buy (for a tiny amount of xch) an NFT for a particular pool. Then you get a ‘Pool Contract Address’ which you plot with, that plot is now farmable at that pool? How does portability work then?

There is a Change pool button at the bottom, and it takes about 60 minutes and another small amount of chia and those plots switch pools. I tested it earlier today.

2 Likes

Well, I’m replotting and live on Pool.Garden. Let’s see how this goes. Is flexpool expected to be the dominant pool?

Can anyone tell me where to find this preview of 1.2 which I could use to plot poolabke plots already?

i want to know it too, but i thing its there:

Install chia with -b main instead of -b latest.

Here are all the Chia builds, the current windows version is 1.1.795 for pools. Don’t use 797 version it doesn’t have pools for some reason.

https://download.chia.net/?prefix=builds/

EDIT: Looks like version 797 is working now

In addition to what other people said, we maintain a list of latest development builds of chia client on How To Join page. Just select the one that matches your hardware. All these clients are proven to work fine with pools.

hi , i have problems since installing version 1.20 with linux unbuntu 20.04 and mad max. I joined garden pool. i did some plots with GUI

and mad max but after a while it looks like everything is stopped and I can only move the mouse cursor. here is what I noted as symptoms: gui version number is 0.0 and see image of Chia gui log under linux. thank you for helping me.

It’s not entirely clear what went wrong but it seems like you have a problem with full node. Try to:

1. restart everything chia stop all -d && chia start farmer
  2. if that doesn’t help - uninstall chia and install it cleanly again
  3. if you see the same kinds of error again, re-sync wallet from scratch by stopping everything, removing ~/.chia/mainnet/wallet and starting chia again.

The cannot update error looks like a bug that was fixed recently in the reference pool , but that shouldn’t prevent you from farming anyway. I wouldn’t plot from the GUI, use madmax or something.