Pool payout vs Farmr.net estimated payout

ETH miners dilemma. If solo would have won blocks but once you go solo it’s silent :stuck_out_tongue:

Ok that deleted message above here is due to my lack of understanding the in thread replying feature of this forum :slight_smile:

anyway… that 10% (or whatever percentage) is untrue… it’s 0% (that said… for NFT pools only) … with OG pools that could be different depending on how their tech works, because with some OG pools the pool farms the block, and then pool downtime means no pool income either

1 Like

It’s not just og pools afaik.
The pool Chris just above us is always promoting signs the blocks as well afaik, you certainly have to provide keys to them, and that could surely only be as they are signing.

Or some of their software does , I believe they have a cpl of different designs.

I realise nft pools were created to avoid that centralisation, but it still happens.

correct Flexpool’s flexfarmer is (currently) the only exception ( for NFT pools ) where the pool signs farms the block … but not sure if you have to give away your keys to them

How else could they sign?
Its not all keys, but some.

well… flexpool could just quickly ask the client to sign. But you’ll never know if they really do until they release flexfarmer open source :slight_smile:

I dont remember the exact details, I dont use that pool, but iirc they certainly do copy certain keys.

Farmer signs the block locally*
Chia Network discussed the details with Alex and I don’t fully understand how the technology works.
Hpool still has its own farmer I believe? Never farmed on them so I’m not sure how they work.

We need your plot key to sign blocks. We could not do anything malicious (over what a pool could already do) with that key without physical access to your plots.